I need mix help. lend me your ears. periphery cover inside.

• Thread starter smarek88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

smarek88

Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/smarek/ji-rough-mix-20-12-12

heres my favourite section of Ji by Periphery. im gonna eventually do the whole song when ive actually learnt it on my guitar.. (my 8 string just arrived today) pickups are dimarzio de-activator 8s. thinking about swapping em out for aftermaths.

anyway. i need some help with the mix. i dont have monitors anymore so this is just mixed on my headphones... i need to know if theres any clipping. and if theres enough/too much low end. or if any instrument is lacking anywhere.

thanks heaps for any help guys!! cheers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

frajerik

Reaction score
Souns good man. Imo need more bass, punch. I cant hear bass on my monitors, dont know if its even there.

jCo76

Reaction score
Nice mix, it just needs some more punch from the bass. The drums sound good, but I would lower the cymbals/hats a touch and slap on a low-pass filter/cut out some of the higher frequencies. The ambience could do with some EQ cuts anywhere between 2-6k to take out the harshness. Volume-wise you've got it pretty much bang on. Good job.

smarek88

Reaction score
thanks guys ill work on that when i get the next chance. ill post up the full song when im done :) hopefully in a weeks time or something

markgov

Reaction score
I think it sounds pretty close man, the guitars sound a little weak at parts IMO. I would try adding a bit more pick attack while recording to add that extra definition and excitement to them

Latest posts

')