I need new pick ups

• Thread starter MikeSweeney
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSweeney

Reaction score
Hello everyone you all herd this 1000 times but I need a set of pick ups for a HsH Ibanez rg premium.

I'm looking for high output, dark and tight pickups

Like this is kinda the tone I'm going for but I don't want emgs. I like emg pickups. and no bare knuckles there to much

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

clintsal

Humbub
Reaction score
High output + dark + affinity for EMGs => SD Blackouts

Still have that active output and feel, but with a notably different character from EMGs; slightly more output, slightly darker (to my ears)

MikeSweeney

Reaction score
High output + dark + affinity for EMGs => SD Blackouts

Still have that active output and feel, but with a notably different character from EMGs; slightly more output, slightly darker (to my ears)

Would the black out pre amp SD have that you can add work ?

straymond

Reaction score
I actually have D-activators in a 7620, and aftermaths in a 7-premium.
of the two, i'd recommend the D-activators. they are simply awesome in every aspect.

inactive0909

Reaction score
The emg 81-7x and the 707x sound much better than the usual emgs, I've had the 81-7x and it was very similar to a blackout but yet it still had an emg sort of feel to it.

Carver

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
Reaction score
another fan of the de activator, it really is one of the nicest passives i have heard, bkp included in that list of things i compare it to, its just very well geared for heavy tones and still cutting through a mix with a snarl. love that pickup

')