I need pod farm patches for Screaming vocals

FYFEYSFW

Reaction score
I have an SM57 and a Pod studio GX, but I'm getting a UX2 very soon, I plan to record vocal covers and I need some ideas on vocal patches for screaming? I'm thinking if I can get a good sound in Podfarm 2, I'll just record that straight into Audacity (my DAW :\) and that should be that, I growl and scream just about every way, and do a little bit of singing but it's the screaming I need help with, Can anybody send me some patches, tell me how to make some good ones, point me in the right direction? Thank you :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the unit first hand, but I would say forget about the actual unit you're using, and focus on the principles behind recording a good vocal track. Some reverb and compression are a must, and Google with turn up plenty of articles on how to record/mix screams and growls. For harder hitting screams or choruses, try using a stereo field enhancer plugin or something similar. They can make your voice sound HUGE in the mix but can also completely obliterate your mix too, so tread carefully.

HollowmanPL

Reaction score
patches for screaming?
just try not to distort input and put some compression - that could be an starting point.

FYFEYSFW

Reaction score
Thanks so far, So the main thing i think I need help with is the order order of my chain, I know it can make a big difference, so things I know I need/want to have are, preamp, desesser, compressor, reverb/delay, maybe EQ? and distortion? Can anybody tell me what order this chain should go in? and it would help alot if people told me some ways (settings to have them on) thanks :)

danresn

Reaction score
There is no official order. I always have a limiter on my vocals, just above clipping levels in case for some reason the singer raised there volume a heap at some point anyway, EQ isn't a maybe, EQ is a must. You'll want to have a fairly large HPF and a small LPF and remember not too much reverb. I wouldn't use much distortion, if anything possibly a Tubescreamer sim with gain 0, Level 10 and Tone halfway. I've heard of that being used on screams before.

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
Forget Pod Farm patches. Record the vocals DRY! Add all other post processing later. The only thing I like in POD farm is the compressor for vocals, you can add that as a VST if you have to. My general order in post processing:

Compressor > EQ (to remove) > EQ (to boost)

Sends: Reverb
Delay