I need quick opinions guys.

• Thread starter Larrikin666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Here are my options

• Total voters

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Okay. I really wasn't prepared for the weekend of sales that popped up. I've talked to a few people on here about buying my first seven. I'm kinda tired of using .62 gauge strings to tune down to drop A#. I figured a 27" scale would suit me better. I almost dropped ~$3000 to order a custom guitar, but I was talked out of it. Within the last two weeks, I ordered a used LTD SC-607B natural finish and Agile 627 Pro. They were both good deals that I couldn't pass up.

What do I see in the last two days? KxK and Bernie Rico Jr. are both having AMAZING deals. KxK just started a run of compound scale sevens that look pretty killer for $2000 ($600 down). BRJ dropped their prices down to ~$1440 ($600 down) until Sunday. How the hell can I pass one or both of these up?!

What the hell should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Bank > Loan > DO NOT TELL WIFE > Profit

Money isn't really an issue. It's more about having the time to play four new guitars. I realize there is a pretty decent wait involved with ordering the KxK or BRJ. I'm sure Technomancer will be here momentarily to vote for the KxK.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Buy the BRJ, sell the SC. Once you get the BRJ, the LTD will become obsolete. Plus you'll still have a baritone 6.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
yeh I'd suggest getting the BRJ, and hold one of your two guitars (or both) until thats done, then sell one (or both) . The BRJ is just the best deal out there, so jump on it! I sure did.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
As the nice black sheep I am, I couldn't let the KxK pass. While I found the couple of Bernie's guitars I played to be stellar stuff (and they most certainly are), the feel of whole 27" scales seems to sacrifice some warmth I treasure in the upper registers, and fanned frets have proven to be a wonderful solution to the tension issues that arise - excellent tension balance and note separation, seamless adaptation, and still you have the warmth we're accustomed to in the treble strings.

I didn't order the Rico as well just because I have quite a few incoming NGD's and I had to be rational, as I was tempted as fuck to do so. Both axes will basically rape what you currently own, unless Rob takes on drinking and Bernie suddenly starts believing being a crackhead is the way to go. :lol:

tl;dr - if you fancy having 2 awesome axes, get both, shift the rest. They're pretty much offering them, considering what they are.

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
Going from zero to four of a type of guitar that you may not even like is pretty stupid. If you end up hating them, the hit you'll be taking on depreciation will be pretty enormous.

My advice is to be a responsible adult and to only buy what you can reasonably afford. Remember that Christmas is coming up, which is never a cheap event. Call me a traditionalist, but giving your family pottery ashtrays and gift cards to Denny's after dropping $5k on guitars makes you look like a selfish asshole.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Going from zero to four of a type of guitar that you may not even like is pretty stupid. If you end up hating them, the hit you'll be taking on depreciation will be pretty enormous.

My advice is to be a responsible adult and to only buy what you can reasonably afford. Remember that Christmas is coming up, which is never a cheap event. Call me a traditionalist, but giving your family pottery ashtrays and gift cards to Denny's after dropping $5k on guitars makes you look like a selfish asshole.

You're clearly someone who doesn't know me. I generally spend $10,000-15,000 on amps and cabs every year. Christmas isn't an issue since I don't really have family to buy for. No wife, no kids. I said previously that money isn't an issue. I bought three Axe-FX Ultras, an Ibanez MTM1, Ibanez XPT700HX, VHT Sig:X, ENGL e840, two VHT 2/90/2s, Fractal Atomic Reactor, ENGL Standard 4x12, and ENGL XXL Pro 4x12 just this year. I also donated a car to a veteran returning from Iraq...but thanks for coming in and calling me a selfish asshole. :fawk:

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
I'd buy the kxk as well, keep the Agile and sell the LTD. That way you'll have pretty much all the bases covered, baritone, multiscale, and normal frets.

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
It's weird to me that Americans spend like lotto winners when it comes to crazy impractical stuff, yet a greater percentage of you are unemployed than in the Great Depression. But whatever. If money's not an issue, do what you want :D

While it's a nice gesture to donate a car to a person who probably wakes up screaming because of the shit he's seen and done, it doesn't really have much to do with buying guitars, does it?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I say hold onto all of them. The BRJ and Kxk are going to take awhile, even if they both are built within their promised time frames (keep in mind, the BRJs which were supposed to take 6 months took 12 to 14, and some have been waiting over a year for KxKs, not saying that's bad, just something to consider).

The LTD and Agile will be super easy to flip as cheap, MIK/MII/MIC 7s are like crack to folks on here. :lol: Plus you may actually like at least one of them as a knock around backup. Plus, four guitars is so much cooler than two. Am I right or am I right? ;)

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
It's weird to me that Americans spend like lotto winners when it comes to crazy impractical stuff, yet a greater percentage of you are unemployed than in the Great Depression. But whatever. If money's not an issue, do what you want :D

While it's a nice gesture to donate a car to a person who probably wakes up screaming because of the shit he's seen and done, it doesn't really have much to do with buying guitars, does it?

It's called disposable income. The example of donating a car highlights my ability to basically hand someone $4000, and also disputes your claim that I'm a selfish asshole. Nothing you've brought up has anything to do with my purchases, so please stop trolling in my thread.

Themadcow

Reaction score

It's weird to me that you care so much about how this guy spends his money and use it as an excuse to bash americans??? Go back to watching the CBC douche.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I say hold onto all of them. The BRJ and Kxk are going to take awhile, even if they both are built within their promised time frames (keep in mind, the BRJs which were supposed to take 6 months took 12 to 14, and some have been waiting over a year for KxKs, not saying that's bad, just something to consider).

The LTD and Agile will be super easy to flip as cheap, MIK/MII/MIC 7s are like crack to folks on here. :lol: Plus you may actually like at least one of them as a knock around backup. Plus, four guitars is so much cooler than two. Am I right or am I right? ;)

You and Technomancer always come in with the most sound advice. I love it. And yes...four guitar are cooler than two. Those four will surely add nicely to the nine I already have. I'm thinking I'll have quite a few "for sale" threads coming up if I fall in love with sevens.

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score

I don't mean to keep this going. But, he didn't ask for personal advice, nor did he do anything to deserve being called a selfish asshole. I envy the dude, i'm sure anyone would like to have that type of expendable cash, and good for you donating a car like that. Cheers for that!
Grow up.

I voted, BRJ and KxK, I mean, if you can afford to buy a few handcrafted axes, why settle for production? But, i'd suggest trying a 7 first, to make sure it is what you want. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem selling those though, just the same.

JacobShredder

Reaction score
I agree with max, keep em all and if you want flip the ltd and agile when you get the kxk and Bernie

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I don't mean to keep this going. But, he didn't ask for personal advice, nor did he do anything to deserve being called a selfish asshole. I envy the dude, i'm sure anyone would like to have that type of expendable cash, and good for you donating a car like that. Cheers for that!
Grow up.

I voted, BRJ and KxK, I mean, if you can afford to buy a few handcrafted axes, why settle for production? But, i'd suggest trying a 7 first, to make sure it is what you want. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem selling those though, just the same.

Thanks brother. Since I have 6-12 months of waiting for the customs, I'll have plenty of time to gauge how I feel about sevens. I believe it's possible to transfer a reservation on a KxK or BRJ to someone else if I change my mind between now and then.

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
Thanks brother. Since I have 6-12 months of waiting for the customs, I'll have plenty of time to gauge how I feel about sevens. I believe it's possible to transfer a reservation on a KxK or BRJ to someone else if I change my mind between now and then.

Good call man. I mean, if you can afford em all, by all means! Like Max said, if nothing else, backups, or beaters are nice to have.
Yeah, I think its possible to transfer a reserve, I can't really see why not.
I'm definitely looking forward to some of the great NGD's this forum is going to be seeing the next 6 months. Stokedd.

')