I need some help, B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro or Standard?

Reaction score
Hi, it's my first post here but hopefully not the last one . So here I am, thinking in wich guitar would be better. I started playing guitar 2 and a half years ago (My dad always bought me videogames and I always wanted a god damn guitar ). I got an Squier Strat, pretty decent and versatile. Don't know why people complain, i think it's awesome for it's price (350$). And now that i learned all the basics of playing I think it's time to take another step, buy a new guitar to fulfill my needs such as getting more than 21 frets...
And here's the problem... I want a mid-high end guitar and the B.C. Rich Ironbird (Pro and Standard) totally got my attention, it's shape and it's specs, and I can't find reviews for these and that's why I'm trying to get some opinions. Wich one is better? I wanted a Neck-trough guitar with 2 active pickups (I'm tired of Single coils and humbuckers srsly ).

So... Wich one should i buy? Since both are pretty good even though the B.C. Rich Ironbird Standard is bolt-on.

Btw... Sorry for my shitty english

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sell2792

Reaction score
Well, the Pro is definitely better than the Standard, but I suppose its down to preference. I could never get along with over the top shapes, but I think they do look pretty sick.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Hi, it's my first post here but hopefully not the last one . So here I am, thinking in wich guitar would be better. I started playing guitar 2 and a half years ago (My dad always bought me videogames and I always wanted a god damn guitar ). I got an Squier Strat, pretty decent and versatile. Don't know why people complain, i think it's awesome for it's price (350$). And now that i learned all the basics of playing I think it's time to take another step, buy a new guitar to fulfill my needs such as getting more than 21 frets...
And here's the problem... I want a mid-high end guitar and the B.C. Rich Ironbird (Pro and Standard) totally got my attention, it's shape and it's specs, and I can't find reviews for these and that's why I'm trying to get some opinions. Wich one is better? I wanted a Neck-trough guitar with 2 active pickups (I'm tired of Single coils and humbuckers srsly ).

So... Wich one should i buy? Since both are pretty good even though the B.C. Rich Ironbird Standard is bolt-on.

No-one who knows anything does complain about Squiers, they're leagues ahead of most other guitars for that kind of money. ;)

And I would say, definitely spend a little more and get the Pro. You'll probably grow out of the cheapo Standard after a while and want to replace it, the Pro is definitely more of an axe for life. That's why they call it the Pro :lol:
You say you want something mid-to-high end, the Standard is unlikely to fulfil those needs. The majority of bolt-on-neck B.C. Rich models aren't really worth bothering with IMO. But it's a relatively small price jump to the neck-through ones with really awesome features, and it's a leap worth taking. You spend a little more, and get a LOT more in return. The mid-range B.C. Riches are awesome value for money.

And your English is fine, where are you from? :)

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Squiers have bad rep because they have been bad for some years at the end of the last century during which, frankly, they weren't worth the price of their wood. They're much better now.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
My friend had an Ironbird Pro, it was absolutely awful in terms of quality. You could literally hear it going out of tune as you played and the neck ended up warping within a few months. I'm assuming he got a dud, but my experience with them doesn't inspire confidence.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
The majority of bolt-on-neck B.C. Rich models aren't really worth bothering with IMO.
Sorry but this is just not true.

NJ, JE (Japan Edition) or some of the Class Axe bolt-ons were fantastic guitars. I had a JE bolt-on Ironbird and it was amazing. Heck, Trey Azagthoth's red 'instaGIB' Ironbird was a bolt-on, apparently a Rave series.

2933679683_1376047ef3.jpg

The newer bolt-ons are hit or miss, but there's no harm in playing one just to be sure.

To the OP - if it's a neck-thru you're after, go for it! You'll be happy with the Pro.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys :metal: . I'm from Costa Rica btw..

And yeah, i was thinking in buying the pro. I'll save more money then . But that pro would be awesome with black bevels :hbang:

Johnmar

Banned
Reaction score

BC Rich ironbird spalted maple
PM me for price

')