I need some pedals to make noises and effects!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
All types of weird noise reside here:

RingWormModulator-11.png
+1 to Ring Mods.

adadglgmut

Notes from a Ghost
Reaction score
Check out Dwarfcraft pedals. They make some insane tweaker pedals. I have the Hax.

Dwarfcraft Hax - YouTube

Another pedal I have that I love is the Strymon El Capistan. It's a dTape Echo and you can get some great haunting sounds with it.

Strymon - El Capistan Tape Echo & Blue Sky Reverb Shimmer - YouTube

This! So much this!

The El Capistan will shit all over any other delay pedal, if you can afford one (and are okay cleaning up after it shits on your poor other delay pedals). I think it costs something like 300$.

Dwarfcraft rules too. Some of those things are terrifying little noise boxes. nods to the Hax and Rot Yr Brain.

If you want to look for something outside of the usual boss-style digital stomps, check out Pro Guitar Shop: Guitars, Fender Guitars, Amplifiers Effects Pedals Accessories. They have a huge selection of stuff for pedal heads. Most have pretty thorough demos too.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Have the Eventide. Tested the El Cap. Still have the Eventide. No plans to get the El Cap.

Runander

Reaction score
One of my favorite effects for making weird noises is the Digitech Whammy. The best thing I've ever owned and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it :)

adadglgmut

Notes from a Ghost
Reaction score
Another underrated (and fairly uncommon) noise maker is the old Boss PS-3 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay. I think they stopped making them in 2000. I have the PS-5 Super Shifter on my board and while it is supposed to be the successor, it can't come close to making all of the weird, creepy sounds the PS-3 can. Seriously, if you spot one of these buy it. If you don't want it, tell me where it is so that I can pick it up!

')