I need this chick to come sing for my band

• Thread starter LordOVchaoS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
Oh God. . . .

What just happened? I haven't felt this way since I saw "Fish Heads" on Youtube. Although this band's wierdness is no where near as intense.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
I would say it's not metalcore at all..closer to grindcore really.

I would totally tap that though. :squint:

It's too bad she's going out with one of the guitarists..I imagine that could spell the end for the band if they break it off. :noplease:

[action=_detox]thinks you shouldn't date people in your band.[/action]

Demeyes

Reaction score
I've never heard that song before. Its Deadly :hbang: . Really progressive and funny too. I liked it. I wouldn't be surprised if she couldn't pull that off live. Most of the male singers doing that heavy stuff struggle on stage with them.

swayman

Reaction score
This is Tourettes, Sydney band. Michelle is a fucking monster on stage, can also sing "properly" & hits notes most guys can't.

There's another band here called Flesh Mechanic, though I can't find any of their stuff anywhere.

I have no idea how to imbed stuff, so here's the link.

YouTube - Tourettes - Stand

Last edited:

drezdin

Reaction score
Any band that has a song called Taste Like Kevin Bacon is already pretty cool in my book

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
[action=_detox]thinks you shouldn't date people in your band.[/action]

Tell Shannon that.

I :wub: IWABO, and that chick has a better scream than half the guys in metal these days. Though, I wish there was less singing sometimes.

This is Tourettes, Sydney band. Michelle is a fucking monster on stage, can also sing "properly" & hits notes most guys can't.

There's another band here called Flesh Mechanic, though I can't find any of their stuff anywhere.

I have no idea how to imbed stuff, so here's the link.

YouTube - Tourettes - Stand

That chick's voice does absolutely nothing for me, and neither does the band.

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
I've never heard that song before. Its Deadly :hbang: . Really progressive and funny too. I liked it. I wouldn't be surprised if she couldn't pull that off live. Most of the male singers doing that heavy stuff struggle on stage with them.

She's wearing a furby suit in that video btw. :lol:

thesimo

Reaction score
i love how her clean vocals come in then the cymbals over the double bass come in, sounds fucking sick

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I still hate the song and think she is incredible at the same time.

swayman

Reaction score
Damn thats a good one. Is the other band good to?

Yeah Flesh Mechanic are great man, a really heavy version of Meshuggah.

The singer too has a pretty brutal vocal style, but not a word can be understood, it's more grunting than anything.

That chick's voice does absolutely nothing for me, and neither does the band.

That's fine, each to their own. I must say though, as somebody who has played on the same bill as Tourettes, it's never easy coming on after a chick has done everything you're about to. They're awesome live too.

I personally haven't liked any female metal singer so far (ones who growl I mean) except for Michelle from Tourettes. I think it's more "oh man that's a chick" rather than "oh man they're some brutal vocals." Of course this is a generalisation, I haven't head EVERY female metal vocalist.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Flesh Mechanic are still around? Let me guess, they're supporting Meshuggah?:lol: I haven't heard that name since they first picked up the female singer in... what, 2003? Then again, I hadn't heard about Flatstick in yonks either and all of a sudden Doug Steele shows up... I'm pretty sure Tourettes had to change their name to "Tourette's Syndrome" or something in order to get a record deal overseas? Either way, I can't stand them and their singer has more body hair than I do:lol:

For the record, this is the most brutal female vocalist:ugh:

MetalJordan

Reaction score
im sorry but i think she's rly good
but i couldn't have her in my band id be to busy trying to bang her and i wouldn't be able to focus:lol:

swayman

Reaction score
Flesh Mechanic are still around? Let me guess, they're supporting Meshuggah?:lol: I haven't heard that name since they first picked up the female singer in... what, 2003? Then again, I hadn't heard about Flatstick in yonks either and all of a sudden Doug Steele shows up... I'm pretty sure Tourettes had to change their name to "Tourette's Syndrome" or something in order to get a record deal overseas? Either way, I can't stand them and their singer has more body hair than I do:lol:

For the record, this is the most brutal female vocalist:ugh:

Yeah man as far as I know they're still at it. 2003 could be right, a heap of bands swapped members around that period, so I couldn't say for certain.

Haven't spoken to any of the Tourettes guys/girl for ages, that could very well be the case though.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
standards4wn.jpg
:lol: a guy on nekochan cracked that joke, I had no idea what he was talking about and explained it to me :lol:

')