...I need wisdom folks! please help me!

• Thread starter feeleuphoria
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Mine was just as noisy as a 5150, I never thought about it at all. That being said, I always play with a gate through any rig I have.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
speaking of gates, the gate in my 333xl does quite literally nothing... im wondering if there is even anything connected to the pot >_>

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
how can you decide that a completely valve amp sounds too digital?
I personally dont like the mid frequency response that much. needs an eq

I dont know man, i mean it was a while back, and maybe i was just looking for a flaw because at the time i had not heard to much about them. I need to go back and play through them again i guess. who knows.

and tbh im not worried about too much noise because i have a gate that hopefully wouldnt take away too much of the sound.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
the only thing I have against Bugeras is that they are a complete ripoff of the 5150, made by behringer, and have lower quality, shoddy, cheaper wiring/parts etc.

I wouldnt tour with one, considering how cheap you can get a 2nd hand 6505/5150 nowadays.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I dont know man, i mean it was a while back, and maybe i was just looking for a flaw because at the time i had not heard to much about them. I need to go back and play through them again i guess. who knows.

and tbh im not worried about too much noise because i have a gate that hopefully wouldnt take away too much of the sound.

I find the tone of my 333xl is just too fizzy, not enough grunt.

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
the 6505+ 1x12 combo sounds fantastic. has all the high gain fury of the head version, only in a smaller package. has decent cleans, tho they may not stay super clean since its only 60 watts. but the lead channel sounds pretty good at lower volumes. would prolly sound even better with a speaker upgrade.

however if u want a good lower powered high gain tube amp with fantastic cleans. go with the Rev Jr Pro. VERY clean Kleen channel and the Krank channel sounds just as vicious as the Rev 100 watt head, very clear yet ballsy and aggressive. but unlike the head, its doesnt have to be turned halfway up to sound good, due to the lack of headroom. but will definitely be loud enough for a band environment. this plus a V30 loaded cab will be a good match

drenzium

Reaction score
feeleuphoria said:
I've kinda decided agains the bugeras. yeah they are affordable and the only tube amps that i have played, but to me it just sounds a little too digital. I dont know maybe its just a state of mind haha

i normally dont interfere with other peoples opinions because they're entitled to it, but in this case i have to say you're completely wrong. they have zero qualities that resemble digital or solidstate amplifiers.

I find the tone of my 333xl is just too fizzy, not enough grunt.

same case here, i think you're completely wrong. i have used my band mates 333xl extensively over the last 6 months so i know what i am talking about.

the reasons people are coming up with to dismiss Bugera are seriously getting out of hand. sure attacking them for their reliability is justifiable due to their beginning production line having faults (but no longer does AT ALL) but seriously, the above two reasons are not true at all and would say it has more to do with lack of experience in dialling in amplifiers, or using terrible cabs.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
i normally dont interfere with other peoples opinions because they're entitled to it, but in this case i have to say you're completely wrong. they have zero qualities that resemble digital or solidstate amplifiers.

Lol like I said it was a while back. Like as in a year ago. Back before I had even heard of them. Havent played it since. But that is irrelevant because I am deciding between the krank or the 6505 lol

I do however appreciate your opinion, and it's not like I said they were bad amps, just my old opinion from a ways back. :)

drenzium

Reaction score
Lol like I said it was a while back. Like as in a year ago. Back before I had even heard of them. Havent played it since. But that is irrelevant because I am deciding between the krank or the 6505 lol

I do however appreciate your opinion, and it's not like I said they were bad amps, just my old opinion from a ways back. :)

thats cool, i was respectfully disagreeing with you not having a go at you.
if you want killswitch engage and early devin townsend tone you will want the 6505 hands down.

brodjentle

Reaction score
mesa boogie rocket reverb 20 watts great cleans awesome lead can get any kind of sounds out of it or a mesa boogie rocket 44 the el84s sound awesome at bedroom levels

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
thats cool, i was respectfully disagreeing with you not having a go at you.
if you want killswitch engage and early devin townsend tone you will want the 6505 hands down.

Lol thanks man. the 6505 is looking very promising the more I think about it :)

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Then turn it up past 2 ;)

Actually thats an awesome point... Ive been playing it at really low volumes for the past... err nearly 5 months now, havent been in a band recently. Turned it up and whaddaya know? HAHA problem solved:shred:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That's kind of the thing about tube amps: they sound best at 4 or higher.

Regarding 6505's, please play a 6534+ before you do anything.

Latest posts

')