I recorded my vocals of a bulb track

• Thread starter ephriamiv7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ephriamiv7

Reaction score
so was it just bad vocal style? cause it was a rouch mix of an audix I5 going through a usb mixer into reaper..i used some free glitching vst as well

help me get better dont just poke fun please?

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
well, just about the voice : it feels like you are under water and screaming after having indulged yourself with Helium.

I do like the idea of voice effects at the start though.

Try a deeper voice, maybe not just growling, but deeper.

NickDowe

Last Red Ember
Reaction score
i dig it.. kinda gave it an industrial feel to it.. like a Ministry type thing. Nice work!

NickDowe

Last Red Ember
Reaction score
@Cynic why... did you chubb up when you seen "Bulb" in the title?

HellsFallenHero

Reaction score
Vocals need to be raised in the mix. Way to quiet.

The lows sound somewhat decent to me. Although I'm not quite sure. The highs remind me of a couple bands I've heard, on live recordings. They need more distortion. Natural distortion.

I'm not sure if you actually made this song, or just replaced vocals. 'Cause I don't really know who Bulb is, or what it is, etc. But if you made it, props on the guitar tone, drums, etc.

Reaction score
Well, your screams aren't the fullest sounding, and I can't imagine whatever mic you used helped.

HOWEVER, I thought that, as a proof of concept, it is really interesting. Like after 0:35 I just don't want to listen anymore, but before that is interesting. Maybe do something like this on one of your own songs (If you have any)?

a1a2a3a4

Banned
Reaction score
I thought it was good the way it was.

Keep it up man, i also would like to hear more of your vocal covers. Maybe taking out some of spencers vocals and putting in your own? That would sound bad ass bro.

Keep it up.

georg_f

Reaction score
really hilarious vocal production, dude

but I think it was quite well done in total, so good job
I think you should just experiment with you vocals, see what sounds best etc.

')