I recreated the studio setup for Iron Maiden's 1st album

• Thread starter thefyn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    iron maiden
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thefyn

Reaction score
A minute in, I'm impressed. I thought I was listening to Dave Murray and Dennis Stratton themselves but this is a good recreation!

That's awesome. Really glad you like it. It took me a month of hair pulling. Esp learning the damn thing!

mastapimp

Reaction score
great job! you have good taste in burgers as well =)

Restarted

Reaction score
Wow that was accurate. Great job! Gonna finish the rest of the video now.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm working on Ozzy/Zakk right now.
Just keep the pinch harmonics to a minimum but I've never seen anyone do a Jake E. Lee recreation before. Randy's tone is untouchable in my book no matter how hard I've tried to recreate it myself.

thefyn

Reaction score
Just keep the pinch harmonics to a minimum but I've never seen anyone do a Jake E. Lee recreation before. Randy's tone is untouchable in my book no matter how hard I've tried to recreate it myself.

I'll probably get more posts on Randy and Jake than I do about Zakk when I do this vid.

I saw Jake in Anaheim last Jan. I saw the funniest thing I've ever seen at a show: Two aging rockers, husband and wife rocking out. Swinging beers, mullet waving and throwing up the horns she inadvertently pokes him in the eye. She does not know it. So he's half smiling, still having a good time, but also in pain clutching his eye.

He's rockin'...slowing...gasping...clutching his eye. Throwing up the horns...no too much...grabs his eye. Then she notices he's only rocking at 60% and starts to fuss over him 20% while rocking the other 80%. So after helping and gritting his teeth through it they maintain a solid 90% rocking out capacity through teamwork. It was fucking beautiful.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
I'll probably get more posts on Randy and Jake than I do about Zakk when I do this vid.

Good luck finding Randy's tone. I'm sure you're aware of this but when recording his tone, make sure there's more than one track of you playing but I think he did triple tracking or more than that.

')