I Rediscovered My Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid C-8

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had my Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid C8 for a couple years now and even though I've always loved this guitar, it never got a lot of use.
Don't know why.
I was using an Elixir .70 bass string before which works very well for my M80M but I wasn't feeling how the low F#/F sounded so I switched it up for a .74 Elixir guitar string and it sounds much better now.
Sometimes an 8-string (or other guitar for that matter) just needs the perfect strings in order for it to 'work'.

So I gave also gave it a new setup and it plays really nicely.
The action is low and the amount of fretbuzz is very minimal which is nice because I like low action.
The pickups sound good too, they still sound active but they are much dynamic and clear than the 'regular' 8-string EMG's imho.
The only thing a little strange about the looks of the guitar is that the ebony board has some darker spots that were painted over.
I've seen this before and I don't really mind it but I might get the fretboard stained in the future just to make it perfect.

Anyways, I was having a lot of fun and then I wrote this song.
Hope you enjoy it, gotta love that 'b00wwwww' on the low F.
I gotta say, it's not that far off from my M80M now, and that one sounds other worldly.

Attachments

• schecter-hellraiser-hybrid-c8.jpg
    schecter-hellraiser-hybrid-c8.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 3

lewis

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had my Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid C8 for a couple years now and even though I've always loved this guitar, it never got a lot of use.
Don't know why.
I was using an Elixir .70 bass string before which works very well for my M80M but I wasn't feeling how the low F#/F sounded so I switched it up for a .74 Elixir guitar string and it sounds much better now.
Sometimes an 8-string (or other guitar for that matter) just needs the perfect strings in order for it to 'work'.

So I gave also gave it a new setup and it plays really nicely.
The action is low and the amount of fretbuzz is very minimal which is nice because I like low action.
The pickups sound good too, they still sound active but they are much dynamic and clear than the 'regular' 8-string EMG's imho.
The only thing a little strange about the looks of the guitar is that the ebony board has some darker spots that were painted over.
I've seen this before and I don't really mind it but I might get the fretboard stained in the future just to make it perfect.

Anyways, I was having a lot of fun and then I wrote this song.
Hope you enjoy it, gotta love that 'b00wwwww' on the low F.
I gotta say, it's not that far off from my M80M now, and that one sounds other worldly.

As i said on FB, its nice to not see pointless emg hate for no reason.

The guitar looks stunning but sounds even better!. Love that F twang dude!
Nicely done

Guitarjon

Reaction score
As i said on FB, its nice to not see pointless emg hate for no reason.

The guitar looks stunning but sounds even better!. Love that F twang dude!
Nicely done

Thanks man!
Yeah, for some reason that Elixir .74 is just magic for this guitar!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
Thanks man!
Yeah, for some reason that Elixir .74 is just magic for this guitar!
good to hear. What scale length is the C8?

Ive been using a 68 Elixir but it was a tad too loose really. I probably need a 74 myself (the guitar is tuned higher than your 8 but is 25.5 scale atm)

Exchanger

Reaction score
EMG 57 and EMG 66. I have them in my Hellraiser Hybrid C-7. In this video they sound awesome, but I personally struggle bit to get them to sound the way I want.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude the guitar is nice but I just really enjoy all your videos and the diversity amongst your songs. Great production work and playing as always.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’ve wanted one of the Floyd versions of those for a while. I definitely like the color of that one best. It looks way better than the cherry color, IMO.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Awesome! Great tone - which EMG's are those?

It's a 57 and 66 but the 8-string variants.
Pretty cool pickups imho!

What coating is on the strings? Nanoweb?

I believe so, yes!

Dude the guitar is nice but I just really enjoy all your videos and the diversity amongst your songs. Great production work and playing as always.

oh man that track bangs soooooo hard, was loving it, inspiring me to get back on my Banshee Elite 8, I think it needs a set up to get me to fall in love with it properly.

Man, those banshee elite 8's look so cool!
I have a 7-string banshee elite and I really love it, I can only imagine how cool those 8 string models are..