I shot my first music video. Opinions?

• Thread starter TimTomTum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimTomTum

Reaction score
Hey guys,

so I have been a member here since my teenage days, I owned 7 strings, had a guitar built by a member (the awesome luthier Walterson!). So I did what guys on here do. And now I shifted focus towards filmmaking (though I am still making music)
and me an a couple of good friends shot a music video for a local band, I was one of two camera man and I am quite proud!
Have a look:
https://youtu.be/4rcNxtDh7Hg

It's mellow post rock I know, but after all of those guilty pleasure threads I guess, there should be some of you into the music.

Cheers guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
That was really well done! A really great video in my honest opinion :yesway:
How was it like filming it, and what gear did you use to record/edit the video? I ask honestly because I plan to make playthrough/demo videos soon but imovie is beyond horrible. xD

TimTomTum

Reaction score
That was really well done! A really great video in my honest opinion :yesway:
How was it like filming it, and what gear did you use to record/edit the video? I ask honestly because I plan to make playthrough/demo videos soon but imovie is beyond horrible. xD

A good friend of mine directed, another one did the production, edit and set design, we had 2 camera man and 3 assistants on 3 14hour shooting days. plus a guy for post production.
It was tough as f***.
We had a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, alot of glass, tripods, steadicam, rigs from me and the other camera man. Lot of stuff actually. For Demo videos all you need is a cam and a tripod. The software can be had free by several great companys like Hitfilm or Blackmagic Davinci Resolve.
Look at my strandberg style demo video:
Just a Panasonic gh2 (200€) with old lenses from my dad (20-30€ on craigslist) and a tripod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN1doqXQxRQ

Rolanthas

Reaction score
As someone who've had to meddle in almost all aspects of quite a lot of music videos as an undergrad, must say that is quite well done!

Simple but effective use of framing, color, motion and blends with the music just fine. And the fancier ideas were tastefully used imho. Kudos to the whole crew.

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
A good friend of mine directed, another one did the production, edit and set design, we had 2 camera man and 3 assistants on 3 14hour shooting days. plus a guy for post production.
It was tough as f***.
We had a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, alot of glass, tripods, steadicam, rigs from me and the other camera man. Lot of stuff actually. For Demo videos all you need is a cam and a tripod. The software can be had free by several great companys like Hitfilm or Blackmagic Davinci Resolve.
Look at my strandberg style demo video:
Just a Panasonic gh2 (200€) with old lenses from my dad (20-30€ on craigslist) and a tripod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN1doqXQxRQ

Wow!! That's a whole crew and a f*cking 14 hour day that's nuts! And the gear... It's like, no wonder the video is so dang good :yesway:
And thanks for the tips dude! Can't wait to obliterate imovie and get a program that won't make my laptop explode

')