I, The Breather Megathread: New Album Writing Process

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Merged for the sake of organization.

Love your band, dude. I've got both Truth & Purpose, and These Are My Sins. :yesway:

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
i really enjoyed the bands first record and i thought they did a great job at this style but i hate clean vocals and i dont understand why they(and other bands for that matter) start off with no singing and then bring it in for future records. war of ages did it too. first 3 records were awesome now they blow IMO. i just want to listen to metalcore/djent without clean vocals and its extremely hard to find bands that dont sing.

maybe justinnn can shed light. why such a change in the vocals from the first record to this record??

justinnn

Reaction score
i really enjoyed the bands first record and i thought they did a great job at this style but i hate clean vocals and i dont understand why they(and other bands for that matter) start off with no singing and then bring it in for future records. war of ages did it too. first 3 records were awesome now they blow IMO. i just want to listen to metalcore/djent without clean vocals and its extremely hard to find bands that dont sing.

maybe justinnn can shed light. why such a change in the vocals from the first record to this record??

we actually started the band with singing chorus's. If you hear our demos you will hear some singing. But then when we did our first cd we only wrote like 2 songs with singing, and we decided to drop all of and just do screaming. but on our new cd we have more chorus parts, so we decided to bring back some singing.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
well you guys still do a great job at what you do and these are my sins will always be heavly rotated by me because its hard to find your a good record without the singing

katsumura78

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Guitar was a Music man JPXI - Axe FX 2

Would you post the rhythm patch you guys used to record Lunar? Pretty please ? lol I love that tone so much I can't stop listening to it. Regardless if you post a patch or not you guys rule. Keep up the good work !

justinnn

Reaction score
Would you post the rhythm patch you guys used to record Lunar? Pretty please ? lol I love that tone so much I can't stop listening to it. Regardless if you post a patch or not you guys rule. Keep up the good work !

It wasnt my axe fx 2, so i dont have the patch. i dont remember it exactly, all i remember was the das metal head.

Chasethebreather

Reaction score
Hey guys I know there's an ITB megathread already but it seemed more appropriate to create a new thread dedicated to the progression of the recording of our third album. I'll try to post clips and all that good stuff. We're in Lancaster at Atrium Audio (August Burns Red's latest album) for a month. Stay tuned. :shred:

Latest posts

')