I, The Breather Megathread: New Album Writing Process

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
Awesome that you guys are recording some new stuff.. it will be great, I really longed for your first record and was so happy about you guys getting signed!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeeballcore

Reaction score
Just started re-listening to the first album this week. Took a while to absorb, but it's awesome stuff, with an even more awesome message

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I had no idea you were on these boards. Ha. I enjoyed the first album a lot, save the vocals being slightly monotonous. Excited to see how this turns out.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I loved your album, and, I hate to be that guy, but I feel like your EP totally blew it out of the water.
If you wouldn't mind, could you potentially tell me if there will be clean vocals on this album? The cleans on the EP were amazing!
And, I hope the production is better, because I love your album and all, but I have a subwoofer connected to my computer, and subwoofers in my car, and the drums and bass just don't have a lot of presence on the subwoofer, so it feels like there's no... punch?

Tyler

Reaction score
Found out about them a while back in the EP stage. I try to go to every show around they are at, and usually talk with them whenever I get the chance. Really laid back guys who know how to throw down.

Reaction score
I, personally, love the shit out of them. I've seen them 4 or 5 times, when they come around, and plan on seeing them again in March when they come around with August Burns Red and Texas in July.

I don't see the need for the hate in this thread. They're a solid band. Yeah, it's personal taste, but I don't go to the tech death threads and post stupid insults.

I really dig the production, it just plays really nice. The guitar work, to me, is super enjoyable and fun to play. Morgan is an awesome drummer. Shawns vocals are so good. One of my favorite bands to listen to.

Needless to say, I'm super excited for the new record:hbang:
Especially after seeing that studio update!

Reaction score
Also, maybe you could answer this for me, Justin. Why did y'all scrap the clean vocals out of the chorus for 'Forgiven'? I really thought that part fit well in the demo.

justinnn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just saw this thread and thought i would chime in. To everyone that says every song sounds the same, I completely agree. I only had 2 weeks to write the album before we went into the studio, so I was just busting out riffs trying to get it finished. Our new CD we just finished is a lot more diverse and I think has something for everybody on it. You can hear some of it in our studio video.

Also, maybe you could answer this for me, Justin. Why did y'all scrap the clean vocals out of the chorus for 'Forgiven'? I really thought that part fit well in the demo.

We decided we didnt want to have any singing. But, on the CD we just recorded we brought back some singing.

justinnn

Reaction score
I had no idea you were on these boards. Ha. I enjoyed the first album a lot, save the vocals being slightly monotonous. Excited to see how this turns out.

Thanks man, we really pushed out vocalist on this CD, vocals turned out way cooler!

Awesome that you guys are recording some new stuff.. it will be great, I really longed for your first record and was so happy about you guys getting signed!!!

awesome stuff, really stoked to hear the new album!

Just started re-listening to the first album this week. Took a while to absorb, but it's awesome stuff, with an even more awesome message

Thanksguys!

I loved your album, and, I hate to be that guy, but I feel like your EP totally blew it out of the water.
If you wouldn't mind, could you potentially tell me if there will be clean vocals on this album? The cleans on the EP were amazing!
And, I hope the production is better, because I love your album and all, but I have a subwoofer connected to my computer, and subwoofers in my car, and the drums and bass just don't have a lot of presence on the subwoofer, so it feels like there's no... punch?

Thanks man, we brought back the clean vocals!

Tyler

Reaction score
Is your haunting mix going to be on the new album? Also notice you upgraded to an AxeII and a good JP, congrats!

Sikthness

Reaction score
Although this is not really my cup o tea, I checked out highrise at the suggestion earlier from whichever member posted here (I think it was a band member, whatever) and highrise was definately better than whatever that video was. Definately not too original by any means but if you are in the mood for this kind of thing you could definately do a whole lot worse.

')