I think Strandbergs suck

Calija

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I lied.

I got to play my first ever strandberg a week ago and it didnt sustain at all, just wondering if this is a characteristic of strandbergs or I got unlucky with shitty guitar store setup.

I was looking at a strandberg to be my fast solo guitar, mostly because of the endure neck. But comparing it to my KRYS10, and pretty much every other guitar Ive had, the notes just die out straight away it was quite disappointing. Amp was pretty high gain so Im pretty sure it was the guitar, not 100% sure, I might be stupid.
I dont remember what model it was but it cost ab 2k australian.

Aside from that it was pretty fucking sick, mad chuggs

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
It's definitely not a characteristic. But, it may not be the "store" setup, as strandberg has a history of hit and miss QC. My guess is that it would be fixable, either through setup or some minor fretwork. BUT, they are priced such that you'd kind of expect some of that to already be taken care of. Strandberg is a good deal if you want a strandberg, but it's certainly not the best thing out there for the price. I have one, and I'm happy with it, as it's lightweight, different, and looks cool. But it's not displacing any of my other instruments.

Calija

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's definitely not a characteristic. But, it may not be the "store" setup, as strandberg has a history of hit and miss QC. My guess is that it would be fixable, either through setup or some minor fretwork. BUT, they are priced such that you'd kind of expect some of that to already be taken care of. Strandberg is a good deal if you want a strandberg, but it's certainly not the best thing out there for the price. I have one, and I'm happy with it, as it's lightweight, different, and looks cool. But it's not displacing any of my other instruments.
I wasnt aware strandberg had inconsistent QC, but yeah for 2k I want to pay for a playable guitar, especially after getting an ibanez for 2k that played better than anything else.

HellBent

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Generally, less mass=less sustain. Strandberg is one of the lowest mass form factors I can think of as far as guitars go.

')