I think this has been asked before, but the difference of the ENGL SE's?

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
ENGL E 670 Special Edition
ENGL E 670 EL 34 Special Edition

If I am mistaken everything is exactly the same, but one takes a different type of tube and that's it, right? The site says:

Same features as the 6L6 power amp version, but featuring 100 watts with EL 34 power amp tubes cutting through any music style.

I tried to search for the thread looking under "difference ENGL" but did not find anything. So now my question turns to the people who have one or the other, preferentially both, how did the EL34 compare to the 6L6 one, before you retubed with whatever tubes? :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
yep, just the color of the LEDs and the type of tube that comes with them stock...but i believe there's a switch inside to go between tube types.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
Ari and Josh are correct.

Blue vs red LEDs and 6L6 vs El34 stock tubes, respectively

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, everybody is correct, just stock tubes and led color. There is a switch in the amp and it can use 6L6s or EL34s

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. What are the sound differences between EL34's and 6L6's if anyone can tell me? I might try EL34's in my Mesa. I didn't want to make a new thread, I figured this would get more traffic.

In addition, anyone owning a SE, I heard that you can't control each channel independently, meaning there are shared knobs? Is this true? And on the right side of the amp there are quite a lot of buttons, what are those about?

stor_ENGL_SE_72ppi.jpg

engl.jpg

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, remember, this is the same guy that stole a Handicap Parking Spot sign. So it's cool. And also apparently wears Abercrombie and Fitch.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
wanna know what those buttons do?

read the manual ;)

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
Reading. Still have no idea what MIDI is, only that Zepp loves loves loves it. Tube Driver Equalizer makes my head hurt :lol: This whole MIDI thing...if I don't use MIDI I don't need to worry about it, do I? I read how to EQ this thing, I just want to connect it, plug it in, mess around with knobs and channels.

This thing is very very massive...

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
its not a plug and play type of amp, dude. if you want a plug and play type of amp, get something else :yesway:.

Latest posts