I think this is my best mix yet! (S2.0, Pod X3 Live, BKP Aftermaths)

• Thread starter Dakota
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I like everything but the snare and the fact that you didn't remove the bass drum bleed from the snare bot mic.

:)

Dakota

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys everyone! And @Kurkk, I thought without the bleed on the overhead for the kick it would have sounded a bit too clinical for my taste.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys everyone! And @Kurkk, I thought without the bleed on the overhead for the kick it would have sounded a bit too clinical for my taste.

Well now it sounds unnatural. The bot mic is so compressed that kick is cutting through the mix from it. Or yea I know it's the snare bottom thing whatever it's called, but as a drummer I can say that you don't here that kinda bleed even with real micing. :)

If you like it, don't remove it though. These things are subjective - I'm only pointing out what's normal in the scene with a little bit of influence of my taste. :agreed:

ridealot100

Reaction score
It sounded excellent man. I really dug the groove. I would personally leave out that initial chug in the beginning of the distortion because it was almost expected.

again. the clean bass n guitar groove :agreed:

Reaction score
I'm with Kurk on the snare. I personally would like to hear a little bit more of the drum's natural overtones. I dunno if it's partially my messed up sinuses right now but it seems like all I am hearing from the snare drum is the fundamental note of the snare and nothing more. Which snare are you using?

But definitely a kick ass mix man! Really awesome composition. I was impressed. :D

')