I want a guitar that's NOT an all-out metal machine for a change. Ideas?

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's great advice. Going in with an open mind is probably the best thing you can do.

I had a close look at a Squier Classic Vibe '60s Strat the other day, and was blown away by how good it was, especially for the price. Then again, i have a weakness lately for three-colour bursts with tortoise pickguards. ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Really thats interesting?! did you mean looks or how they played? to be fair some of them aren't my cup of tea, but still for the money you have to admit they are impressive, construction wise and their choice of woods.

what shop do you work in? are you part of the firm or euromusic?

also as stitch said the baja tele is fantastic. very versatile.

We're part of the firm but I'm sure I was talking to Andy (maybe I made that up? I forget) at Euromusic about them.

The basses man, mindblowingly good. The one we got was a weird TIl type thing with no upper cutaway and it was incredible. If we'd been given a 5 or 6 I would have bought it on the spot.

But the guitars were icky and horrible, reminded me like those old godawful Gould guitars I'm sure you've seen before.

Horrible faux-maple (looked like yellow pine! Yuck), disgusting finishes, like even worse versions of the already bad Ibanez spider carves etc, one Tele had a body that looked like it was a door covered in stain then topped with some aluminium durbar.

Absolutely foul. If you're telling me they make some guitars as nice as the guitars then I feel sorry for the guy that sent us those guitars as out 'taster pack' because they were all boxed back up and we didn't touch them again.

adz87

Reaction score
We're part of the firm but I'm sure I was talking to Andy (maybe I made that up? I forget) at Euromusic about them.

The basses man, mindblowingly good. The one we got was a weird TIl type thing with no upper cutaway and it was incredible. If we'd been given a 5 or 6 I would have bought it on the spot.

But the guitars were icky and horrible, reminded me like those old godawful Guild guitars I'm sure you've seen before.

Horrible faux-maple (looked like yellow pine! Yuck), disgusting finishes, like even worse versions of the already bad Ibanez spider carves etc, one Tele had a body that looked like it was a door covered in stain then topped with some aluminium durbar.

Absolutely foul. If you're telling me they make some guitars as nice as the guitars then I feel sorry for the guy that sent us those guitars as out 'taster pack' because they were all boxed back up and we didn't touch them again.

lol yeah i think i know what bass you mean is it this one?
s-2-d.gif

we have a 4 in natural and a 5 in blue. both really really nice basses. and we got a 6 string in for our bass teacher, he loves it! he say's it's as good as his £2500 sei bass! if you want i'll get some decent pics of the guitars we have in. the guitars you mentioned don't ring a bell.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow those basses look the shit! :eek:

sevenstringj - Truth man :yesway: get it right first time. This applies for everything, not just guitars. As the old saying goes - "If you buy cheap, you pay for it twice".

synrgy - amazing advice man, and very true. i've never ordered a guitar without playing it first (or at least a similar one of the same brand), and i don't intend to either.

However, there are certain brands that I just trust through and through - i.e. ibanez, jackson, charvelle. Others like ESP/LTD are hit and miss for me.

Does anybody have any experience with Aria?

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been GASing for one of these for ages, and it actually fits the bill of what you want... don't know how much it is, but its an amazingly warm and nice guitar:

AF105NT-lg.jpg

The Ibanez AF105NT

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
I've been GASing for one of these for ages, and it actually fits the bill of what you want... don't know how much it is, but its an amazingly warm and nice guitar:

AF105NT-lg.jpg

The Ibanez AF105NT

Yea, I played that one in the shop... Been wanting to have a jazzbox for a while. Played really nicely, especially considering the heavy gauge strings. But in the end I didn't buy it yet. I've got a good jazz-guitar anyway: a Gibson M3.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Stitch = usurping motherfucker.

For those of you who aren't aware.... i.e. all of you.... Stitch and I have been discussing this matter on msn and he has now given me gas for an 80's shred-cheese HSS superstrat, so this thread was pointless. But thank you all very much for your help, it may still be useful for the future :lol:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
DON'T CONFORM TO CURRENT FASHIONABLE STEREOTYPES AS TELE'S WILL BE REALLY CHEAP THIS TIME NEXT YEAR WHEN NO ONE WANTS THEM ANYMORE. :yesway:

Reaction score
parker-p36blond.jpg

Parker p36. Had me gasing for ages and if I had the money for another new guitar then i'd definately have one.

')