I want Jeff Loomis' Hair!

• Thread starter Trespass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread needs pics!

40284764c68abaef2.jpg

Before I cut it.

I don't know where the unedited version of that is :lol:

And, I can't remember how long it took...I don't pay much attention to that kinda shit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
If I had to have a hairstyle other than my own curly/fro style, I'd have the Thordendal look.

+1 to just growing it and seeing what happens.
Another +1 to using conditioner, my hair tangles like no other without conditioner.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
When I had long hair, I had gone for 2 and a half years without a haircut. My hair was down to the bottom of my shoulder blades in the back and to the middle/upper part of my chest in the front.

I had hair kind of like Jeff's except dark brown. I'm thinking of growing my hair long again (I cut my hair really short about 4 months ago, but it's grown out to "normal length" by now). But, if I grow it out again, I'm going to get a "straight perm" (I don't know if it's called something different in English, but that's what they call it in Japanese) because my hair is naturally really wavey and frizzy -- and I HATE that. When it's short, it's perfectly fine. But when it's long, it's really annoying. And on humid days, it gets even frizzier and more annoying. So I'd want to make it perfectly straight (get the black metal hairstyle :lol:).

And, of course, with long hair, my shower drain got plugged up with tons and tons of hair really fast. And I could use a tissue to whip my floor and get a handful of hair. That's kind of gross...

I hate the inbetween stages, but once it exceeded a certain length, it looked really cool.

My drummer was super pissed at me when I cut my hair. She was like "You better grow it out long before we start doing live shows again" and I said "That's impossible, yo" and she said, "Start growing it out now." And I said "okay... maybe..."

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got hair to the middle of my back, it was a bit longer but I cut about an inch off a couple of days ago because of dead/split ends. So if you can live with trimming it every few months, using certain shampoos/conditioners and having to wait a long time for it to dry on it's own, then go for it.

I've got thin hair and it's wavey and frizzy, I look like a hobo if I don't at least straighten it a touch. Which is bad for your hair, some how my girlfriend blow drys and straightens her hair everyday, but it looks and feels great :mad:

I grow tired of having to do all that crap, but I know I'd regret it if I cut it all off. So would my girlfriend :D Plus I'm not going to look like a 'n00b' when my band finally gets round to playing some live shows.

Now I'm going to do something very manly, all this talk about long hair is making me feel too effeminate :lol:

-K4G-

Go Auckland Blues!
Reaction score
damn mike you make me miss my long hair. tried to get it to grow back but its just too hot here.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Grow it, but remember:

1) wash it, but massage into the scalp, then just let the excess go to the ends.
2) condition it, but condition the ends and don't go near the scalp, otherwise your head will get greasy
3) don't use hair strighteners, bleaches, dyes, whatever women use as it does fuck your hair up
4) switch shampoos/conditioners all the time, i basically just buy whatever is on special offer
5) brush it, but hold the hair so it doesn't pull on the scalp (and out)
6) have patience!

I've had long hair for over half my life now (and I am in my 30's, yes, an old fuck) but the only reason i haven't had long hair since being 12 is because i mistakenly cut it at 14, and then got weirded out by own shadow. So i grew it back. I've had it trimmed (sometimes by accident) over the years, but basically trim every 6months to a year if you want it to be healthy, but not too much, maybe half an inc or so, an inch, depends on what condition the hair is in.

But yeah, my hair is getting back to being arsecrack length! It's no hassle, just occasional brushing and was it twice a week or so. all good :)

I apolgise for the overly gay post.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
damn dude 6 years why did you have to cut it?

Well its back to down my back, I just got about 2 years of it cut off. Main reason was after I finished university, I came back home, and am still living with me parents until mortgages aren't stupid, and me mother was having a fit about the hairs falling out and having to sort them out. So she got me to cut it, but given that I spent the next 6 months having a go at her about it until I liked how my hair was again, she's realised never to ask me to do it again :)

In terms of the length of it now, about another 6 months to a year and its round about where I want it again. I think at the moment I'm actually closer to about halfway down my back rather than 2/3rds, but still, its a lot better than shoulder length :squint:

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
Just grow it and see what happens, I did, and all of a sudden I found the look that worked for me :)

Me with short hair = :squint:

Me with long hair = :woot:

Plus dont worry about the womens aspect, theres always someone who likes us vikings :hungus:

someone else who gets chatted up with the line "so I've never shagged a viking before" eh?

Abhorred

Reaction score
Grow it, but remember:

1) wash it, but massage into the scalp, then just let the excess go to the ends.
2) condition it, but condition the ends and don't go near the scalp, otherwise your head will get greasy
3) don't use hair strighteners, bleaches, dyes, whatever women use as it does fuck your hair up
4) switch shampoos/conditioners all the time, i basically just buy whatever is on special offer
5) brush it, but hold the hair so it doesn't pull on the scalp (and out)
6) have patience!

I've had long hair for over half my life now (and I am in my 30's, yes, an old fuck) but the only reason i haven't had long hair since being 12 is because i mistakenly cut it at 14, and then got weirded out by own shadow. So i grew it back. I've had it trimmed (sometimes by accident) over the years, but basically trim every 6months to a year if you want it to be healthy, but not too much, maybe half an inc or so, an inch, depends on what condition the hair is in.

But yeah, my hair is getting back to being arsecrack length! It's no hassle, just occasional brushing and was it twice a week or so. all good :)

I apolgise for the overly gay post.

Quoted for truth. I've had long hair for 12 or 13 years now, and learned the hard way about a lot of James' points. I dyed it black when I was 14 or so (I wanted to be necro! Shut up!), and it caused the effected hair to be brittle for years afterwards. I don't switch shampoos/conditioners as often, though, since some can be detrimental to long hair if you're not careful (Pantene, for instance... don't ask how I know this).

Also to add: don't ever, EVER brush it while it's wet if you can at all avoid it. When wet, hair breaks much more easily. It took me more years than I'd care to admit to realize this.

The other thing to mention is that, at the root of it (*ba-dum-ching*), you can't really control how long your hair gets - it's a genetic thing. I reached my terminal length about 6 or 7 years into growing it, then tried all sorts of supplements and tricks to make it grow longer... No such luck.

Ah well, at least I can still swoon over James' luscious, flowing locks. :wub2:

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
But, if I grow it out again, I'm going to get a "straight perm" (I don't know if it's called something different in English, but that's what they call it in Japanese)

That's called getting your hair "straightened"

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Totally grow it out man. I really miss mine.

I wanted Jeff Walker's hair when it was all dreaded and past his waist.

Jagw

Reaction score
Grow it! I dig being a viking, you would too:hbang:

I grew mine out for the sole purpose of "the windmill"

As did I. It got far too much hassle though, so i've cut it down quite a lot. Still long enough to headbang with though :hbang:

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
Plus dont worry about the womens aspect, theres always someone who likes us vikings :hungus:

And chicks that like hairy guys like hairy guys.

Right now, I'm growing out my hair. It's about shoulder length, but its so damn thick. I have extreme natural curls, so that doesn't help either. But chicks dig the curls surprisingly. I straightened my hair once, and it was long as hell, and I had never felt more power metal then I did in my whole life.

')