I want to replace the pickups in my Schecter USA KM 7 Mkiii with something else, probably Dimarzios. Not sure what will fit in this guitar.

• Thread starter ReleasedtoReign
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The pickup cavities on my guitar go right up into the edge of the pickups which makes me wonder if anything else will fit in there without routing because aren't these km fishman fluence pickups not standard sized, they look kind of thin in width to me but I could be wrong. I found a thread from a couple years ago where someone had the same guitar (though theirs was not usa custom shop made it was the import but dimensions are the same i think) and was asking for suggestions for which pickups to put in it, I don't really need suggestions as to what kind of pickups but I would like to know if anyone knows if I'm going to run into any issues with fitting a standard passive humbucker in this guitar. I suppose if anyone knows of any pickup brands that will for sure just drop right in with no issues let me know what they are as well. Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cmpxchg

Reaction score
Get a caliper for $25 on Amazon and just measure the cavity (and the existing pickup). It won't be the most accurate caliper in the world, but it'll be accurate enough for this. Then compare the dimensions against whatever you're thinking about and you'll know immediately.

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
Interested in this process as well as I'll end up doing this. Can't get anything I like out of the Fishmans. Thinking either a Jupiter rails set or the Scarlet Scourge set.

48string_slinger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I put some bare knuckles in mine. I had to route the cavities wider, as well as enlarge the holes on the mounting tabs on the pickups. Quite the pain in the ass but I don't think you'll find a direct fit except for another fishman.

')