I wanted super fat, super loud. I think I've found dat sound. (HD500, S2.0)

• Thread starter Dakota
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drummerrrrr

Reaction score
Oh, for reals? What kind of processing do you do on the overheads and what velocity do you set your crashes to when you're riding them, if you don't mind me asking? My crashes in Avatar always seem over bearing and too powerful :s

Dakota

Reaction score
Oh, for reals? What kind of processing do you do on the overheads and what velocity do you set your crashes to when you're riding them, if you don't mind me asking? My crashes in Avatar always seem over bearing and too powerful :s

Sorry for taking so long on the response!!! I program my demos n00b style at 127 generally. Also the ghost notes are at an arbitrary number that just sound good to my ear. On the overheads I just send them all to one bus and mix them with the guitars and the snare solo'd. Just a little bit of EQ and some comp with an attack of 20-30 to match to peak of the crack of the snare.

Latest posts

')