I was never a Gibson fan but...

• Thread starter Unknown Doodl3.2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
The market for '70s Les Pauls is stupid right now--it's a classic "bubble" that is going to burst. There is nothing rare at all about them, since Gibson was pumping those things out like crazy all through the '70s. The real stupidity is in the prices for early '70s Les Pauls. The early '70s was Gibson's worst period, and I've never played one from that era that I like. But you see them fetching $8k on eBay in wretched shape. I predict the upcoming recession will take that market down hard.

good, I won't have to pay 4k for one :D Hopefully Adam Jones will let me have my own :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
I was never much of a fan of Gibson's until I saw Amon Amarth last week, crushing everybody with their Gibson Explorer's. :flame: I'm still not fond of Les Paul bodies, and I SWOON over hollow-body jazz guitars. There must be something wrong with me. :eek:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I dig the way a Les Paul looks but hate how they have been built with zero consideration for the player... ultimate tone, yes, but no forearm contour, sharp edges, and GIGANTIC heels on the set neck are FTL big time
If you want the ultimate Les Paul, you have to get the ESP LTD PB-500. Flame maple top, great playability and real Duncans for under $600 :)

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
it's all part of that Tool mystique :lol: ... but yes, i want one. the local daddy's has one, those new special runs they are doing ... sure it's not the original pattern but it's beautiful.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
I have never liked the silverburst les paul's and for some weird reason really like the V. I have a les Paul Studio Lite that I like better than any other les paul I've played. I think the lack of binding makes the neck less wide and the fact that it has an ebony fingerboard just makes it feel perfect to me. It has SD Alnico II pro's so it sounds great as well and is very light (for a les paul)

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Those are nice but I still like the old white LP Custom Randy Rhoads had. :agreed:

butch

Reaction score
My Silverburst:

IMGP1247.JPG

IMGP1246.JPG

K7 body (formerly BG), that I paired up with K7 electronics and RG7620 neck and hardware. LGM did the finish.

I'll get some assembled pictures up this weekend.

Cheers,
Butch

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I dig the way a Les Paul looks but hate how they have been built with zero consideration for the player... ultimate tone, yes, but no forearm contour, sharp edges, and GIGANTIC heels on the set neck are FTL big time

That's the main reason I don't own one now, even though I grew up with them. Every time I pick one up, it feels like playing a big old fireplace log or something.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
^

:eek: Wow that silverburst RG is gonna be great looking!

That's what i was thinking until i got my Epi LP-7 and spent a couple of hours playing it. Imo, it's really confortable... And if i'm not mistaken, a lot of LP players will tell you it's a confortable guitar.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
My Silverburst:

IMGP1247.JPG

IMGP1246.JPG

K7 body (formerly BG), that I paired up with K7 electronics and RG7620 neck and hardware. LGM did the finish.

I'll get some assembled pictures up this weekend.

Cheers,
Butch
That looks awesome! Nice job LGM did. :yesway:

Latest posts

')