I wasn't originally going to post a picstory, but hell, this is a cool guitar.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
rgthrg2_14.jpg

:hbang: oh fuck yeah. This is the best damn 6er I've played in a long time.

Neck-thru Ibanez, mahogany body. Abalone / pearloid binding, and that killer front paint job. The paint on the guitar is this killer black/metallic matte paintjob too.

I'm putting an Evo and an Air Norton in it, and I'll take pics then once I have them in, but I am absolutely LOVING this guitar right now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
nice! i plyed one at sam ash. killer guitar for the money too. :yesway:
6er evos always seem a little tighter than the 7 ones too for some reason.

mrp5150

Call it.
Reaction score
I like that paintjob, pretty cool looking guitar. I've been tempted to buy one a few times.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Neat! It always confused me that there was never a Giger 7 model. Somehow I think it would look even cooler on a 7, and the 2228 would probably look pretty brutal with a Giger finish, too!

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
alright, fuck it, it's a picstory :vince:

I took some pics, once again, I LOVE this guitar! It's exactly my kind of axe.

Check out that paint job. I've put in an Air Norton & Evolution as I stated above, but I need to get some nickel pole pieces for the Evo. It looks a little out of place to me being all black. I normally don't like pickup rings, but these are actually metal rings, not plastic. I'd never seen that before and I'm impressed.
giger1.jpg

The headstock:
giger2.jpg

I love the dark binding on this neck:
giger3.jpg

The binding is even on the part of the neck that faces the pickups:
giger4.jpg

Here's a couple shots of the back of the guitar and the fine-ass matte finish:
giger5.jpg

giger6.jpg

Another shot of the binding, it's all around the headstock too:
giger7.jpg

The ALIEN logo:
giger8.jpg

Finally, we lost a soldier opening a celebratory bottle of wine. He will be missed, but never forgotten:
ohnoes.jpg

FortePenance

Reaction score
Siccckkkk! I have an RGT42DX, basically the same woods/electronics as the giger but without the cool finish and that binding! Damn, that's HOT.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Nice guitar! Good to see someone actually playing one, I was wondering how good the actual guitar was, as opposed to just the gimmick of the HR Geiger stuff. I fucking love that etched S they did, but it's stupidly expensive.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
H.R. Giger is the man, I want to fill my future house with his scupltures and artwork, along with Salvadore Dali.

Also, metal pickup rings = :metal: I put a metal one on my Schecter sixer after I somehow broke the plastic one on it. I want to get a set to put on my Les Paul 7 but I haven't found them yet.

Anyways, awesome score dude!

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
H.R. Giger is the man, I want to fill my future house with his scupltures and artwork, along with Salvadore Dali.

Dali's work would look awesome on a guitar as well, he should get to it...after y'know...overcoming the notable handicap of being dead.

Great buy, I've been looking at the SHRG1Z recently but can't find where to buy one in the UK.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Dali's work would look awesome on a guitar as well, he should get to it...after y'know...overcoming the notable handicap of being dead.

Great buy, I've been looking at the SHRG1Z recently but can't find where to buy one in the UK.

Dude, I want "The Metamorphosis of Narcissus" on my guitar! That would rule! :)

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
:hbang: Thats a sweet guitar man. I really like those. If ibanez came out with that in a 7 I would get it in a heartbeat!!! I have enough 6er's Really nice!

')