I wouldn't pay to see this (Malmsteen related)

• Thread starter Emperoff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
He probably had a few (too many) gin-tonics before that.

That's gotta be it. I saw him in concert last year, and yeah he way overplayed everything and did his silly stage moves ad nauseum, but he was darn near note-perfect. Nothing at all like this.

Of course, it would help if his guitar was in tune.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
That was horrible. He must've been completely drunk or something. :noplease: I think Nik said it well. I've seen lots of live Yngwie performances and, bad for him, is thousands of times better than that.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Jeez... you guys are harsh. Admittedly, his attitude doesn't really foster a lot of empathy. Still, there's a gigantic difference between this performance and his other ones and that is that he's running through Fender amps, not Marshalls. I also wonder if we're hearing some kind of direct signal or something. Sounds weird. But I swear it's the Fender amps.

HotRodded7321

Reaction score
Jeez... you guys are harsh. Admittedly, his attitude doesn't really foster a lot of empathy. Still, there's a gigantic difference between this performance and his other ones and that is that he's running through Fender amps, not Marshalls. I also wonder if we're hearing some kind of direct signal or something. Sounds weird. But I swear it's the Fender amps.

It may be in part the amps....but that was also some shitty playing.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
It may be in part the amps....but that was also some shitty playing.

Give anyone a crappy tone and then ask them to perform at that level and I guarantee that you'll hear some mistakes. If it were me playing, I would have refused to play using anything but my usual amp setup.

His playing is great. He hits a couple bum notes, which I've never head him do before, further underscoring what a great player he is.

I still think that it's an exciting performance.

:shrug:

Wiz

Reaction score
Hey, if Yngwie is hitting the wrong notes I don't feel too bad for doing it myself anymore :p

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Yeah man, i saw that shit on the Fender new things. It's disgusting, Malmsteen has to stop drinking. But it's a hero to me, i like a lot is music.

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
That was honestly the worst shit I have ever heard played on guitar. I've heard kids on youtube play 100 times better than that and they still sucked. I hear that this guy used to be pretty damn good? I find that hard to believe. I may get flamed for that but hey if anyone has any videos of him when he was good I would seriously like to check them out because I am curious to see how he played when he was considered good.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
That was honestly the worst shit I have ever heard played on guitar. I've heard kids on youtube play 100 times better than that and they still sucked. I hear that this guy used to be pretty damn good? I find that hard to believe. I may get flamed for that but hey if anyone has any videos of him when he was good I would seriously like to check them out because I am curious to see how he played when he was considered good.

He's still very good. I must assume that he was drunk or something.

Here's a very old live performance of my favorite song by him (from probably around 1985 or so, I'm guessing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TaLQ0hZUpU (the song doesn't really start until about 1:45 in)

Here's a song of his from G3 in 2004 (which proves he STILL can play): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NEMSqovpSo (I have the DVD this is off of. He plays pretty well).

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw him in 2005 and he shredded his ass off...talk about an off night.

Tymon

Reaction score
Man wow, I always disliked Yngwie but this is just... wow

sloppyness, intonation, timing...

D

Desecrated

everything in that video sounded bad, the drums was just horrible and I dont recall hearing the bass.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like he's using those crappy fender HM heads. He probably didn't warm up before hand either.

Project2501

Malleus Maleficarum
Reaction score
In his defense I saw him about 3 years ago in the G3 tour and his was awesome there.

I saw him at the old Grand Ole Opry stage.... 3rd row.... Man that was a fucking kick ass show... anyways maybe he was tired... I know the older I get the more sometimes I just don't care... but meh like I said before he was still outta tune!!

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score

That song is crazy. I thought Brian May could do some delay work, and then I checked this out.

I remember when I first saw Yngwie open for AC/DC. I was just floored. But, as usual, he got booed because he had thrown his guitar about 30 feet in the air and missed the catch. wtf? Forget the 30 minutes of mind-blowing technicality and showmanship, he sucks. Weird. And this was before anyone had read any of his interviews. Ha! Go figure. :scratch:

Now I will also admit after seeing the Fender video, I was like, "What the hell is up with this?" His tone is so noisy and un-Yngwie.

Latest posts

')