I wouldn't pay to see this (Malmsteen related)

• Thread starter Emperoff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
2.) Yeah, but again most of the people posting in this thread HAVEN'T been qualifying it like that, and yet they're talking about it like it's the worst thing they've ever seen. It's not. I'm surprised even a (probably drunk) yngwie sounded that bad, but given my uber-l337 sweeping chops, I wouldn't be too embarrassed if that vid was me (I can't sweep, or really pick for that matter, for shit).

Besides, that was just the first really bad video I could find a link to off our site. :D Had I had a video of a bedroom shredder trying to play this song, I'd have gone for that.

I don't think anyone said that it's the worst thing they've ever seen :scratch: In fact, if you go back and read my posts you can see is that all I say is that it's waaaaaay below Yngwie standarts, but certainly not the worst thing I've ever seen. As you proved by that vid, yes it's possible to dig up young musicians with no experience who play worse, but then that's not saying a whole lot, is it?

And while I'm sure that there are worse bedroom shredders out there, I would say that a lot of bedroom shredders play it at about the same skill as that video. The only difference is that they haven't been playing nearly as long and aren't nearly as famous.

I challenge you, though to post a vid of a bedroom shredder doing a worse job at that song.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Early Yngwie = Godlike.

Of course.
He has his place in guitar Hall-of-fame.

What is sad is to see him go downhill... For the past few years.
He just keeps repeating himself.
Altough this is way different, that's why athletes (in general) retire before public can witness them not being on top of their game.

Wiz

Reaction score
Yeah I love the concerto suite, he's done a great job on that one :) It's hard to believe that he's able of screwing up as much as he did on the video on the first page :)
Again, I blame the way too many gin tonics that night or possibly him not practicing hard anymore.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
LOL,,,, I think he played better when he was a fat drunk! It would appear that he was using Fender amps,,, and maybe just maybe it wasn't condusive to his playing? Kind of hard to sit on the fence on this after saying he's played better as a fat drunk,,,,lol.

~A

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Man what happened, even the band sucked although I could barely hear over all that fucking noise...man, but I am not surprised. I have an Yngwie/Rising Force CD, and it basically sounds like Yngwie is cutting wood with a chainsaw...as much as I love the dudes playing, he does seem to invite shit by fucking up more often than not...

BinaryTox1n

Reaction score

I would be seriously pissed if i was a professional musician who played in an orchestra, and i had to play that just because some fat asshole is famous and can afford to buy out my orchestra for the night.

The guitar part is cool though. :lol:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I would be seriously pissed if i was a professional musician who played in an orchestra, and i had to play that just because some fat asshole is famous and can afford to buy out my orchestra for the night.

The guitar part is cool though. :lol:

Well in the DVD he explains how it has been his dream since he was little to be able to do this, and someone extended the offer to him.

He arranged every single part of the entire concert.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Jesus people relax :lol:

I've seen yngwie a ton of times - hes never sounded that bad - actually he allways sounds damn good

This is what probably happened:

First off he is playing through shitty Fender amps (He is not using his own rig)

Second there was probably no sound check

third he might have been having a really off night - had a few too many cocktails

And lastly the monitors probably suck

Well enough excuses he really has not been the same since the near-fatal car accident

Wiz

Reaction score
hasn't the car incident been way before the concerto suite? If so I believe he recovered completely since then.

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
Okay I was the one who posted saying this was the worst playing I have ever seen.....what I really meant was this was the worst I have ever seen him play not all music playing in general a few people seemed a little sensitive when I posted that. I watched the other videos yes an incredible fast player just not what I am into I like more feeling instead of just ooh look at me I can play so fast.lol still though definately a good player to learn off of.....although I don't think I could get to that level in 20 years....but I don't care to.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Okay I was the one who posted saying this was the worst playing I have ever seen.....what I really meant was this was the worst I have ever seen him play not all music playing in general a few people seemed a little sensitive when I posted that. I watched the other videos yes an incredible fast player just not what I am into I like more feeling instead of just ooh look at me I can play so fast.lol still though definately a good player to learn off of.....although I don't think I could get to that level in 20 years....but I don't care to.

Eh, music is subjective. However I would have to strongly dissagree with the statement that his music has no feeling h

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
Eh, music is subjective. However I would have to strongly dissagree with the statement that his music has no feeling h

well I haven't heard much of his music so I really have no room to talk....but all I have heard so far is just super fast playing but hey, it took me a while to catch on to Steve vai but man once I did now I'm hooked.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
^

I think Malmsteen was more of an influence for older guys like me who grew up listening to him. 'Cause in 1983, i mean, he really was the shit. Next big step in guitar after Eddie Van Halen. Today, this Baroque'n'roll thing isn't as fresh and interesting as it used to be back then... So i get it when people aren't much into him today.

')