Ibanez 1527/7620 appreciation thread!!

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score
Is $700 too much for a used 7620?
It is in a state of condition that could easily be passed off as new. Also it's finish is Red Wine, which apparently is a limited specialty color.
I just want to know if this is a good deal, or If I should keep watching eBay for a lower priced one before pulling the trigger.

I got mine for $620 in supposedly (I haven't actually received it yet) mint or near mint condition. So I'd wait because I think you can get a better deal than $700, but it's not a terrible deal if it's in said condition. Just keep your eye out for a good deal, and you'll have a great guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
if my 1527 had a maple board and was not sparkley pimp purple it would be perfect. (after a pickup swap)

I still prefer the CB to my old VK 7620 - absolutely hated that color

I'm jealous. I've always wanted a CB guitar. I'd practically be willing to trade mine in near new condition for one. :nuts:

Dissociation

Reaction score
Got a RG1527RB and a RG1527GK, killer guitars in my opinion. Loads of people give the pups shit, but there is nothing up with them that cant be sorted with e.q.

The neck is awesome, reach to the upper frets is like having a thru-neck guitar. In my opinion the trem is awesome, I twat the trem all over the place and never get a problem.

As you have probably guessed I love the thing, and will probably buy another.

The only problem I have with them is colours, but thats just me being anal!

:hbang:

Mail2JackButler

Reaction score
I've had a 7620 for forever..its never failed to perform.. the switch died, that's it.. I just got a 1527 to go with it a few weeks ago and she's extremely slick and sick! Really satisfied with the performance of both.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Yeah, I sold my 1527 to get my Petrucci, and now I miss it. A lot. That thing was wicked.

gomes

Reaction score
My first 7s guitar was an Ibanez RG 7420 from japan with a 707 in the bridge, I absolutely loved it! Unfortunately I sold it and after that one, I bought a Schecter Omen-7 ... it's not a bad guitar, but I didn't liked the neck and the sound in general, but I hated specially the neck and I have huge hands. I sold it as well. Today, I just ordered an Ibanez 1527 royal blue from musicstore (along with other gear, pod x3 live, fender cd 60 cea, radial pro rmp, guitar stand, cables, emu 0404 usb, isp decimator, etc) so... I am fucking anxious for all this to arrive :))

Glad there's a lot of people rating high the 1527 because I've never played one, but since I can't find another 7420 I am going to take this one in the hope they're similar.

Last edited:

gomes

Reaction score
Here's my RG7:
P8090008.jpg

Love the natural finish.

That's fucking amazing, very nice rg7!

I was just looking at the topic about removing the body paint and was having a few ideas about it :hbang:

buffa d

Reaction score
I just ordered an arctic white rg7620 from Japan.
I should have it in my hands in just a couple of days.

mmmmm... Picstory!

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
^^^Especially when people randomly happen to encounter issues with their RG1527, such as the following:

The high E string keeps slipping out of the groove in the saddle!! I can feel it happening on whole-tone bends, and it cuts the sustain dramatically. It happens on the high B string as well, once again really noticeable on wider bends. Im not aware of anyone here having changed the saddles for Graph-Tech models, so Im guessing that's not the way to go. Filing time? Contact Ibanez??

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
The ballends are round the machine heads (D'Addario strings = pretty colours :D), so that counts as without. You reckon I should keep them in? And its not quite slipping all the way off the chip, there seems to be a groove IN the chip and the high E and B strings keep sliiping out of that groove on bends. Any ideas?

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
:worth:I know I know ...:worth:
I wll post pics tonight... Ok !

I own a 1527 & UV777PBK and the RG1527 plays just as good as the UV period (not as good but fucking close) :lol:

Anyways I never played aN RG7620 ... I guess its not that different of the above mentioned .:metal:

')