Ibanez 1527/7620 appreciation thread!!

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jam3v

wat
Reaction score
New RG1527 owner here. Put in some Nailbombs last night (amazing).

Getting some pretty nasty microphonic squealing out of them though - especially the bridge. Maybe they're too close to the strings.

Any of you guys had to enlarge your pickup routes for aftermarket pickups in your 1527's?

Edit: Figured it out: The mounting wasn't secure enough to the body of the guitar, and it was creating vibrations and microphonic feedback. I was using foam underneath the pickups to help AVOID microphonic feedback, but apparently that was causing the mounts to not be as tight as they could be. I still get a little, but it's not anywhere near as bad as it was before.

Dan-Enoch

Reaction score
New RG1527 owner here. Put in some Nailbombs last night (amazing).
Any of you guys had to enlarge your pickup routes for aftermarket pickups in your 1527's?
quote]

Yes, i bought a dimarzio air norton7 for the neck position and dimarzio tone zone7 for the bridge.
Now the sound it's really without noising like ibanez pickups with distortions and really great!
You can split the tonezone in a single coil way to get a really great clean sound and for the solos the air norton is great!

Reaction score
I loved my 1527 lots, but I unfortunately had to let her go. However it was a blessing in disguise, cause with the money I got from that, I bought a 2027, which is infinitely superior.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ive probably had mine for 2-3 months now. First month it was just laying around as I was slow on ordering strings and slow on setting it up properly when the strings first came.

I bought it used, and everything is stock. Its my first 7string so I cant really compare to anything else. I do love playing it though, so nice to have a bigger scale, love it :)

Will try and get some pics soon, I dont own a camera so may be a while...

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I loved my 1527 lots, but I unfortunately had to let her go. However it was a blessing in disguise, cause with the money I got from that, I bought a 2027, which is infinitely superior.

The only thing I would get rid of my 1527 for is a 2027, but I love my maple fretboard so much.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I would also like to add, also on my list is the black 1527. If anyone knows where one of those might be, please let me know.

There's one with me. Take it out of my cold dead hands! :fawk:

Seriously, are you looking for the BP or GK finishes? IIRC the GK was a limited Japan only model, you can try Ikebe or Kurosawa gakki (where I got mine), but I'm pretty sure there's quite a few on the second hand market.

Reaction score
I wasn't aware there were two outside of the blue haha. What's the difference? I thought there was the blue and then for like a year or two they had a black. I'm putting money aside until I find one.

')