Ibanez 2007 Reissue models new jem and 8 string revealed!!!

• Thread starter 777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes!!!!!:woohoo:

God. I have lost all interest in Ibanez..I'm seriously debating selling all my ibanez and ibanez based guitars, because they are starting to be an eye sore to me.

I guess when whatever they release doesn't apply to you, you tend to notice just how sad the crap is that they are releasing.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
i soubt that i'll be getting the 8 string. i just dont want a fixed bridge and plus i have a feeling it'll be too expensive for me.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
at least go got desert yellow and shocking pink 550's :D

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
[Rant]

For 2007, Ibanez is releasing quite a few new guitars. I'm going to give my opinion on them, based on the info I have on them from here, jemsite, and ibanez.com

The good...

S7-Very nice, I must admit. New trem which seems to interest many members here, and a S series 7 is a welcome change to the current line of ibanez 7's.

Jem7VBK- I think that's what it's called. From what I read at jemsite, it's black body with binding, and a white vine. Also has a mirror pickguard. This is cool to me as well. The jem10th was very cool, even for a black guitar, and this is sort of a toned down version. I would think it'd be better without the mirror guard though. It wouldn't kill them to produce a rear routed jem with no guard IMO.

Now for the bad..

Jem20th- If the rumors are true, then this will have an acrylic body, with leds in the body. Probably have a standard vine. Probably have neck leds as well. Why anyone would want an acrylic guitar is beyond me. And with it being the 20th, you'd think they'd do something that they haven't done in the past. Instead of re-hashing an idea used on a JS model. I REALLY hope that the rumors aren't true. Not that it affects me, but this is a huge waste of an anniversary model IMO.

RG20th-This, I honestly can't stop laughing about. I get people getting excited about the 80's colors again. But these are exact copies of the old models. Standard neck joint, and same edge trem. Why they didn't add the AANJ is beyond me. I get trying to keep it like the original, but you can find pretty much the exact same thing on ebay for about 500-600 bucks less. What's the difference? A matching guitar case. Whoopty-doo.

RG8-This will be cool if it's priced well. If they price it high, like 1500+ (List) then it really isn't worth it in my opinion for what you get. I also hate how they are advertising it as being innovative. Like they're breaking new grounds with an 8 string guitar. The only ground breaking thing about it, is that it's the first production 8. But if it's priced too high, then that shouldn't even matter.

I will admit though. 2007 is the "Shut them up" year for ibanez. Basically releasing a handful of guitars that people have been asking for for years. However, they seriously could have put some more thought into the models.
[/rant]

I suggest that if you want the S7, or the RG8, then get them while you can. Because they won't last in production for long.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Was what suppose to be a joke? The vid? Seeing how it confirms the rumored guitar and was posted by an official dealer, I think you can take it to the bank as being legit.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
WTF u mean!!!!

what has vai let them to do the jem!!! it used to be a thng of beauty WTF!!! u bastards!"!!!

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Was what suppose to be a joke? The vid? Seeing how it confirms the rumored guitar and was posted by an official dealer, I think you can take it to the bank as being legit.

I was wondering about the guitar itself. I know the video was legit.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
yuhuh thems some pretty colors n lights yessuureee!!!!:noplease:

god damnit................

Carrion

Et tu, Brute?
Reaction score
I hate those LED lights. I guitar is an instrument, not a fucking Christmas tree.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
I had no idea Noodles had his own signature series:

Ibanez
SIGNATURE SERIES
2006 NOODLES Model NDM 2 Black
New

* Basswood Body
* 3-pc Maple neck
* 22-Jumbo Frets