Ibanez 2007 Reissue models new jem and 8 string revealed!!!

• Thread starter 777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
I want the desert yellow RG20th..

Me too man, me too. Screw what everyone else thinks haha. :yesway:

That Jem 20th would have been wnicer if it had a wood body with like acrylic veins running through it that lit up.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the tuning on the 8 string (F#,A,D,G,C,F,A,D)? :scratch: So the first sevens trings are a step lower but the eighth string isn't? :spock:

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
yeah i noticed that too it shoud be a low E

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Man I'm glad I'm over Jems.... I would still love to have another white one, but this new thing if this is true is a kick in the balls. Wow,,, what a dissappointment...... The bright spot would be there is an 8 string, and a Black, Desert yellow and Pink 550. Maybe there will be a cool new color on the 1527.

~A

leatherface2

Reaction score
if i had alot of money to throw around i wuld have some really stupid guitars in my collection.i want one

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
The only new Ibanez I've heard about that does anything for me is the new S7 beacuse of the ZR7 trem and the fact that's it's a nice break from all the RGs.

The rest I don't get real worked up about. I think RG8 will suck balls. Basswood is not fit for a low tuned eight string. Ash would have been much superior. Maple would have been nice to. An ebony board would have been a nice touch as well.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Here the 8 Ibby it's about 2200 dollars.

It will be here on March, i want one so bad! i can't wait!

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
imo Ibanez really seem to have lost their way in recent years, going from an innovative, forward looking company to not knowing wtf they're trying to achieve. Maybe I'm just jaded :shrug:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
RG20th-This, I honestly can't stop laughing about. I get people getting excited about the 80's colors again. But these are exact copies of the old models. Standard neck joint, and same edge trem. Why they didn't add the AANJ is beyond me. I get trying to keep it like the original, but you can find pretty much the exact same thing on ebay for about 500-600 bucks less. What's the difference? A matching guitar case. Whoopty-doo.

well, they did make DY RG550s in the mid-late 90s with AANJ's. they'll probably go back down in value when the new ones come out. Granted, i'd probably buy the RG550DY reissue. I'm actually excited by the RG8, S7 and RG550DY. i wish i could get all 3.

Besides... it means a guitar with the Edge trem is coming back into production!

Luan

Reaction score
I fucking hate that jem, man, that led thing is horrible.

The rg8 may be cool, but the tuning is very weird, and I don't think that basswood will help with the sound.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I really don't know what you people were expecting :shrug: I mean, how do you make a Jem even more extravagant and flamboyant? Well, make it see-thru and and fill it with crazy LED lights, of course!

I think that no matter what Ibanez did, a large part of the community would be disappointed.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I really don't know what you people were expecting :shrug: I mean, how do you make a Jem even more extravagant and flamboyant? Well, make it see-thru and and fill it with crazy LED lights, of course!

I think that no matter what Ibanez did, a large part of the community would be disappointed.
They kinda BC Rich'd it...is the problem...

Latest posts

')