Ibanez 2007 Reissue models new jem and 8 string revealed!!!

• Thread starter 777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Most of them aren't beat to shit. Sure they have some dings, worn fretboards, chips etc. But for the most part from what i've seen, they're in pretty good shape. A couple chips, and a worm maple board.

Worth the money i'd save from buying a 20th.

But that's just me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's like even if they reissued the older UVs, i'd still find myself liking the older ones. :D

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
On the surface this might seem true but how many clean rg550s do you see on the bay? I'm talking minimal fretwear, no body dings, and clean hardware - next to none actually. Sure, you can find 550s on the bay but most of them are way more whipped than my 87 (or Chris' BBQ special)

Hehe.... you know guitars are meant to be PLAYED right? ;) No closet queens in my house, even when I get my Thorn. That bitch is going to be played DAILY! :shred: If it's not "clean" does that make it sound any worse? Like I was saying earlier the worst issue you will likely find on those 550s is worn frets, and a good luthier/repair tech can fix you up with new frets for under $200. If the re-issue is really going to be in the 1K area, I honestly think IMHO it's worth going with a used 550 and a new fret job once you're looking at that price tag for a new one. You won't play the paint on the used 550 and a couple character marks aren't going to kill you. :) Besides, worn maple fretboards look pretty badass, don't they?! :agreed:

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
The only guitar that should be collected and babied, is the jem20th.

Keep them all locked away in their cases, to never see the light of day again :agreed:

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Most of them aren't beat to shit. Sure they have some dings, worn fretboards, chips etc. But for the most part from what i've seen, they're in pretty good shape. A couple chips, and a worm maple board.

Worth the money i'd save from buying a 20th.

But that's just me.

are you looking at the same ebay i am? Search for 550s now

i just did a search 3 listed

2 are repainted
one of those has an aftermarket pickguard and the pups look like they came out of a clown guitar... the other has a neck that looks like it was buried in a cesspool for 100 years and the frets are shot

the other one has a startng bid of $625 (and is orange :ugh: ) - add in shipping and by the time the auction is over a for a little bit more you could get a brand-new guitar (the 20ths are going to go for under a grand )

I guess we can just agree to disagree on this one :lol:

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well if there aren't any on ebay right now that are any good, it's not like its rare to see them on ebay or anything. There will always be some lemons on ebay, but the ones in good condition far outweigh the ones in crappy condition.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah but that's today... check back in the next few weeks. I bet more will show up that won't be beat as hell. Well-worn (still playable though) guitars are fun, I played a REAL vintage strat that my friend inherited and it was one of THE slinkiest playing guitars I've ever had the pleasure of picking up! :yesway:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
It's like even if they reissued the older UVs, i'd still find myself liking the older ones. :D

I tried a lot of guitars but i have to say that the UV it's a unique piece of art!

The armonics and the intonation it's unique.

I tried a Gibson SG 87 and was shit, i played a lot of exellent guitars, but i like my UV.

So if Ibanez listen to this, reissue the old MC and the BK UV, please!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I still think the video is too short and the quality isn't so great but it's cool to at least see it in action for a quick second. I think it looks alright but man, that is just way too much money. :agreed:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Responding randomly:

- I'm going to pick up the 8 as soon as I can get my hands on it. If it's $1500, I'm still going to get it.

- The day I pay SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR AN IBANEZ is the day that I wake up, turn down Pamela Anderson for a blowjob and then proceed to shop online for a penis shrinking kit.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
- The day I pay SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR AN IBANEZ is the day that I wake up, turn down Pamela Anderson for a blowjob and then proceed to shop online for a penis shrinking kit.

Wow...coincidentally, that was my thursday. I regret the Pam thing but the penis shrinking kit has definitely equipped me with a party trick.

"Now you see it, now you don't"
"I didn't see it in the first place"
"Shut up...smart arse."

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score

+1

But i have to travel there hehe

I only pay that money for a total custom guitar, that i do with the things that i want.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Responding randomly:

- I'm going to pick up the 8 as soon as I can get my hands on it. If it's $1500, I'm still going to get it.

:hbang: :agreed: Indeed the 8 string is very interesting........ I may have to sell my Chameleon 1527 to acquire such a creature.....

~A

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Well well...

Same old eh? Ibanez actually do something, listen to people with the s7 and the 8string, and then people still bitch and moan.

Well, i think the prediction is right, if you want an s7 or the 8string, buy it this year, as it will most likely go the way of the 2027.

I want the 8string, and the s7, if i can sort out my finances, and if i can play the s7 to see what it's like and whether i like the bridge.

a esert yellow rg also sounds like a good un. And yes, it is new, but that is the point, i'd like a new one :)

Anyway, be happy they've released some cool stuff this year, and then don't bitch if they stop selling any of it because noone bought it.

Guitar comapnies fdon't keep making products that don't sell. Oh, and if you want the 8, then you may find them in short supply, you have been warned ;)

Ryan

Reaction score
^ Thats what i was thinking, so if people would like for Ibanez to keep making some cool shit, they need to stick a sock in it and buy something this year.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score

:rofl:

kindred_spirits

Reaction score
Right Here:

http://p222.ezboard.com/fespguitarsmessageboardfrm12.showMessage?topicID=45318.topic

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but its pretty cool.

These look really sweet:

IBANEZXPT700-RCM.jpg

Muhammed Sucimez anybody?

IBANEZRG2228-GK.jpg

8 string!!! \m/

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, this has been discussed here and there and on Jemsite as well. I like that 8-string alot, very cool. The hardtail 7 is nice too as well as the S 7. Definitely some nice stuff this year. :agreed:

Cool link. Interesting new models too. :yesway:

')