Ibanez 2007 Reissue models new jem and 8 string revealed!!!

• Thread starter 777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
ah, so its not going to be a production model for the rest of the world then?

pitty....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
That green one at the bottom would be the shit if it had another string on it. And a lo-pro. And DiMarzio's. :D

GASsin' like a mutha over here...:mad:

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
ah, so its not going to be a production model for the rest of the world then?

pitty....

That I'm not sure of, all I know is it's on musicians friend, Ibanez still hasn't changed their site to 2007 so we'll have to wait.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I merged this thread to another and yet another.
Come on kids... do we really need 5000 god damn threads about the same topic? Think people, think!

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
those are GC exclusives, actually. they've been out since the first few motnhs of '06. they're pretty decent for the money.
Yup, quite a few of those RGs are Guitar Center special orders. They're Indonesian low-end guitars. I own the white fixed bridge RG2 EX2 (now fitted with DiMarzios) and it's an o.k. instrument for the money... though I must admit I bought it just for the look - and wouldn't do it again.
For some reason, a previous link also had a picture of the Ikebe Gakki exclusive HRG7 series... I guess people think that any guitar they haven't noticed before must be a new model, set to be unveiled at Winter NAMM 2007.

Cheers

Eske

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, quite a few of those RGs are Guitar Center special orders. They're Indonesian low-end guitars. I own the white fixed bridge RG2 EX2 (now fitted with DiMarzios) and it's an o.k. instrument for the money... though I must admit I bought it just for the look - and wouldn't do it again.
For some reason, a previous link also had a picture of the Ikebe Gakki exclusive HRG7 series... I guess people think that any guitar they haven't noticed before must be a new model, set to be unveiled at Winter NAMM 2007.

Cheers

Eske

Actually I'm praying those suckers are coming out as US models :yesway:

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Actually I'm praying those suckers are coming out as US models :yesway:
As the very happy owner of an HRG7 I absolutely understand where you're comming from... SOL mahogany and a fixed bridge - it's pure sex! However, you could just buy it from Ikebe Gakki (like I did), they still have plenty up on their site.

Cheers

Eske

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Don't know if they've been posted yet but here are the re-issue RG550's.
I wish they were doing the Laser Blue one(I think that's what it was) since it was my first real electric guitar.

Attachments

• 212583680.jpg
    212583680.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 212583681.jpg
    212583681.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 44
  • 212584647.jpg
    212584647.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 30

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Guaran-fuckin-tee you that that desert yellow one will be in my possession within a year

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The black one looks like every other RG out there...they should've given it a maple fretboard too.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Guaran-fuckin-tee you that that desert yellow one will be in my possession within a year
It's gonna take me shackles and a concrete wall to stop me from buying it...!
It's screaming for some pink pickups and Green knobs.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
that rgr looks really good, but i can already tell its made in indonesia... so i guess korea is the new japan, and japan will soon end up like ibanez usa...turned into a bunch of offices where they sit around and design more black guitars that will sell to all the emo kids in america

leatherface2

Reaction score
wow is that really true.......makes me wonder what the latest rock fashion will be like in next 5 years..........

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't know if they've been posted yet but here are the re-issue RG550's.
I wish they were doing the Laser Blue one(I think that's what it was) since it was my first real electric guitar.

+1 they need the laser blue with maple neck :agreed:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Metal Ken I can't see you playing that pink guitar at all. :lol:

I think Shawn is going after that white SZ with the black binding. I like that single humbucker RG that thing looks sweet.

I want that pink guitar so bad! i have a hidden glam piece of my soul :lol:

')