Ibanez 2007 Reissue models new jem and 8 string revealed!!!

• Thread starter 777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leatherface2

Reaction score
the more i stare at the 8 the more i want one that is a really cool guitarwish they would have more cosmetic options

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
wow i had no idea ibanez was coming out with this many new models, and i have no money to spend... the v is looking pretty slick, as is the mike d'antonio bass. i'd really like the neck on the mick thompson sig (reverse headstock!!! but without the truss rod cover :D) for my rg1570 too. why am i so poor!?!?!?

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
why am i so poor!?!?!?
i know...i have that same problem....:(

[action=OzzyC] waits to hear of a rich uncle he never knew of that has/will include him in his will [/action]
:shrug:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
- The day I pay SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR AN IBANEZ is the day that I wake up, turn down Pamela Anderson for a blowjob and then proceed to shop online for a penis shrinking kit.

:rofl:

Actually, I thought that jem looked pretty damned cool. Think of it as like a MC, just in three dimensions and that doesn't need a blacklight to glow. :D

Would I ever buy one? Of course not. I'm not even 100% comfortable owning a UV.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Re: new Mick Thompson model... At least a truss rod cover can be changed more easily than a fretboard.

Maybe Ibanez is wising up to the idea that a garish, ugly inlay can turn a lot of potential buyers off a particular guitar. Maybe that's why they're offering the APEX-2 in addition to the APEX-1 with the ugly stars-and-cancer inlay.

There's a lot of impressive stuff there. That new "AD*" series has some interesting stuff in it. And i really like that headstock... why couldn't they have put that headstock on the SZ, instead of the worn bar of soap they have now? And what's with the "beak" on the 8-string? It looks like it's got punched in the face and has a swollen upper lip.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Re: new Mick Thompson model... At least a truss rod cover can be changed more easily than a fretboard.

:agreed: Much better than on the neck. I never cared for the 'seven' inlay on the last one.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Yawn, gee what's missing?

No RGA 7...
No RGT 7... (no excuse why their isn't a Korean neckthru 7 string)

No Ebony fretboards...

yawn....

Briggs

7-string noob
Reaction score
this one is going to kill:yesway:

IBANEZAPEX2-GSF.jpg

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That SZ EX is pretty slick, it would be AWESOME if it were standard or extended scale.

')