Ibanez 2009 Line-up

• Thread starter theV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
welll......

hmmmmm

RG7321FM
and my RG7321> With fake headstock binding lol

=

cheap beasty gitfiddles

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickB11

Reaction score
Man I was excited about the hardtail jem thinking that Ibanez might put down a cool new color for it but come on...black again. I liked when they made the black version with the trem, but not on the hardtail too. I felt like they just took the easy route and just took the regular jem kept the color (black) and just threw some sticker/thing with vai's name on it behind the bridge. Sorry if Im rambling, but this was just a big disappointment :noway:

Pewtershmit

Reaction score
As many of you have figured out by now, we will be releasing the new PGM401 as Paul Gilbert's Signature Model for 2009. It's a beautiful Ash body with black F holes (graphic) and a fixed bridge. You've seen the pictures from our sister distributors around the world. A great addition to Paul's rich history of Signature PGM's for sure!

For 2009, we will be celebrating a milestone in our relationship with one of the greatest guitarists of all time. 20 years of PGM goodness. And in keeping with Ibanez tradition, the 20-year mark earns this great musician a 20th Anniversary model.

Can anyone guess what it might be?

Ok, I'll give you some hints...

- It has the letters "RE" in the model number.
- It has two distinct, vibrant colors.
- Does not have a reverse headstock.

See if you can guess the model...

JAY

PGM Reissue is coming, Probably going to be a PGM100

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted, I posted it in the other thread, I found it searching the Ibanez site.

XPT707FX_GCM_1P_02.gif

I don't like it, I hope the other one stays too if they release this. BTW in the 2009 index there is no RG7321FM or RG1527M, this is the only new 7 I could find but damn there is some nice new 6's.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Which makes it a new model :wallbash:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously whatever, the original shape was awesome, something I really wanted to own, if this becomes the new shape and replaces the existing one I have no desire to buy a Xiphos, it may as well be an ax because to me this is not the same guitar, this guitar is ugly.

Anyway unless guitars are some special product small spec changes on a existing design is considered an update, any redesign is considered a new model. This is a redesign, even if it shares the same name it is still a new design/model that did not exist previously.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Guess I'm the only one who's got more Xiphos gas if they put the bevels on the whole line? That BCM 6-sting one is gonna look f'ing killer, and you'll be able to see the chameleon finish more. :shrug:

No one has actually played the damn things yet, they might be 10 times more comfortable like that.....

Edit: Yup, the whole line is changing over----
XPT700_RCM_1P_02.gif

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously whatever, the original shape was awesome, something I really wanted to own, if this becomes the new shape and replaces the existing one I have no desire to buy a Xiphos, it may as well be an ax because to me this is not the same guitar, this guitar is ugly.

Anyway unless guitars are some special product small spec changes on a existing design is considered an update, any redesign is considered a new model. This is a redesign, even if it shares the same name it is still a new design/model that did not exist previously.

It might just be held off until NAMM to announce it since sometimes they have super-duper-secret models that only show up once NAMM has opened up. :D I saw a few models from different manufacturers both years that I went that weren't announced before NAMM. :shrug: They said one of the new 7-string models had a flamed maple top didn't they? :scratch: I get the feeling there is another RG coming out they haven't shown yet. Plus if you don't like the new bevels on the Xiphos 7 you could always buy a second-hand original, no?

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
It might just be held off until NAMM to announce it since sometimes they have super-duper-secret models that only show up once NAMM has opened up. :D I saw a few models from different manufacturers both years that I went that weren't announced before NAMM. :shrug: They said one of the new 7-string models had a flamed maple top didn't they? :scratch: I get the feeling there is another RG coming out they haven't shown yet. Plus if you don't like the new bevels on the Xiphos 7 you could always buy a second-hand original, no?

You wouldn't even have to go second hand for quite some time. It would be fairly easy to simply get a nos model at this point in time.

I hope your right an Ibby will put out something awesome. But I tend to doubt it. So far it appears to be a 7321fm. And since I refuse to buy Indonesian guitars without playing them first hand I certainly won't be getting one (as no store near me stocks 7 stringers reguraly). Also from what I hear it will be a basswood body with a maple top. Not a mahogany body for you mahogany fans.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
No one seems to know if it is a real model or if it is Basswood or Mahogany, even if it is Basswood if it has a thick enough top it would be awesome either way, considering the List price I read on the Ibanez forums I doubt it.

We're all just guessing, not long now and we will know for sure. I just want to see Ibanez bring out a new 7 string Jcustom and with no vines but that will not happen at NAMM.

')