Ibanez 2010 Catalogue

• Thread starter ESPImperium
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
What's the point of giving an artist a signature guitar if they're not gonna use it live. That's the entire point of an endorsement.

The point of endorsement is to sell guitars, no more, no less. If they made some new UVs they'd sell like hot cakes, because we want more UVs andVai fans want more Vai guitars, regardless of him using it live or not ;)

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
Am I seriously the only one outraged by the discontinuation of the RGA321? :mad:

Zahs

Hmm, Upgrades?
Reaction score
Me like... plus i really like that Prestige all purpose maintenance tool, nice to see Ibanez doing something different.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Yeah the Edge Pro is completely gone now, I doubt it will ever be put on an Ibanez guitar again, even for artist reissues, because I don't think any particular artist really liked it more than Edge/Lo Pro to begin with.

sevenstringgod

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why Ibanez doesn't pay much attention to the S series? Dammit all I wanted was some new S and SV prestige colors? I was told by Rich at Ibanez rules that there was going to be a saphire blue S5470f and that the black haze one was only meant for japan? I hope he is right.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why Ibanez doesn't pay much attention to the S series? Dammit all I wanted was some new S and SV prestige colors? I was told by Rich at Ibanez rules that there was going to be a saphire blue S5470f and that the black haze one was only meant for japan? I hope he is right.

Sales.

This is not the US catalog, thus there are still models, and colors we haven't seen yet.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
Yeah the Edge Pro is completely gone now, I doubt it will ever be put on an Ibanez guitar again, even for artist reissues, because I don't think any particular artist really liked it more than Edge/Lo Pro to begin with.

so, they will pay the patent to Floyd Rose again...

adaman

Reaction score
MaKo´s Tethan;1801776 said:
so, they will pay the patent to Floyd Rose again...

No, that patent has expired from what I have heard.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
No, that patent has expired from what I have heard.

This is indeed true. If you've seen close up pics of Edge on the recent Jem 505s, it no longer says "licensed under Floyd Rose".

So far all the sigs (Satch, Vai and Munky's APEX) all have the original/Lo-Pros. All non sigs have an EZ on them. Herman Li and Sam Totman's sigs are exceptions. And the MTMs Edge FX are based on the Edge III.

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
Edit

NEvermine my post, was quoting someone and thought user was refering to a different guitar...

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
SITE WONT LOAD FOR ME!!?!!!!!

someone please for the love of GOD send me the pdf!!!!

NAO!!!

tuttermuts

Reaction score
The no new vai's wouldn't suprise me, if it hadn't been for the teasing with that "super inovative trem super thingy" they've been talking about...meh prolly fake

etiam

Reaction score
I'm not sure why folks don't dig the Edge Pro. Got one on my 1570 and think it's better than a Floyd. And I thought ZR trems were the ones people didn't really dig.

In any event, thanks much. I'm pretty intrigued by the combination of mahogany body, 7 strings, and Prestige level craftsmanship, but am hoping against hope that they put some passive pickups in those things. Can't get into actives no matter how I try.

Definitely will have to compare that to the RGD, even if I'm not looking for basswood in a seven. That body shape, pickup array, and scale length can't be discounted too quickly.

')