Ibanez 2011

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
I quite like the Edge so I am okay with this fixed bridge :agreed: I really hope they don't announce another colour though otherwise ill be kicking myself for a long time :lol: That rosewood looks a bit... dead though doesnt it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I quite like the Edge so I am okay with this fixed bridge :agreed: I really hope they don't announce another colour though otherwise ill be kicking myself for a long time :lol: That rosewood looks a bit... dead though doesnt it?

The MII rosewood isn't very good quality, but most of the time it's dark and not as dead looking as that. Not all models would look like that.

Since when is the lightness or darkness of the grain an indicator of a wood's quality? :scratch:

jl-austin

Reaction score
(RGD7321)

Thats hot!

And it comes in one of my favorite finishes, flat black! I am not a big fan of gloss black, I do like the flat (dull) black finishes though.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Light rosewood or dark rosewood, I don't care. All I know is that I am stoked as for NAMM '11. And can't wait to see pics of the Apex-100.

Also, as for the RGD7321: Do want. :yum:

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Since when is the lightness or darkness of the grain an indicator of a wood's quality? :scratch:

My bad, I guess I didn't word it very well, I just meant that the Rosewood looked a bit pale, I wasn't implying the quality is bad.

I just prefer darker looking fretboards, thats all :agreed:

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
And I was just saying this morning to my Father that my new guitar stand has an empty slot begging for a seven. I am enormously pleased by this development.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
S with maple board = :yum:

S570MQM_TRB.jpg

Also:

RG870Z_BK.jpg

While it's not clear at the moment, I'm curious to know what does the small text says on top of the logo.

theV

Reaction score
While it's not clear at the moment, I'm curious to know what does the small text says on top of the logo.

It says 'Premium', and the neck itself is designated 'Wizard Premium'.

It is a new badge they will be using, like a cheaper version of 'Prestige' I suppose. I think it's an Indonesian neck but they put more care into the neck and fretwork.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It says 'Premium', and the neck itself is designated 'Wizard Premium'.

It is a new badge they will be using, like a cheaper version of 'Prestige' I suppose. I think it's an Indonesian neck but they put more care into the neck and fretwork.

Very interesting. Perhaps it's like those old S, SA, and SZ Prestige series guitars which were made in Korea by Cort, but were still built very well, almost on MIJ Prestige level.

If they do it right, it's a genius move.

JMP2203

Reaction score
APEX-100

A new Munky signature model. DiMarzio Blaze humbuckers. Alder body. Lo-pro Edge 7

?¿

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
RGD7321_BKF.jpg

Does anyone have a good estimate of how long it will be until I could actually get one of these? When will they go on sale and when will they be in stock?
Also does anyone know about how much they will cost?

Personally I'd guess it's somewhere between the price of a RG7321 and the RGD321 as it's not that different from them both in terms of spec unless Ibanez decide to make them out alder/mahogany/etc instead of their usual basswood.

Latest posts

')