Ibanez 2011

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
Btw Matt Bachand isn't in the catalogue? Didn't find him at least...

He is in there, but his sig model isn't. There's a pic in the S series or something like that (don't have it in front of me, can't recall what page). He gets as much exposure as Dino in this one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ifklirarn

SikTh Addict
Reaction score
He is in there, but his sig model isn't. There's a pic in the S series or something like that (don't have it in front of me, can't recall what page). He gets as much exposure as Dino in this one.

Oh alright, ^^ was looking for his sig so that might've been why I didn't find him.

fwd0120

Bipedal Hominid
Reaction score
(btw I'm actually the guy called "Ifklirarn" on Severstring.org lol so it's kinda fun how we're talking to each other on two separate forums :D)

I gotta a feeling a lot of us are posting both places :cool:

Blood Ghost

Reaction score
Just looked over the Euro catalog... Why the hell haven't Dino or Meshuggah gotten sigs yet? :nuts:

EDIT: With that said though, I am fucking stoked about that RGD7320Z... I hope they release it in North America. Just wish they would use alder or mahogany, something with some more interesting sonic properties than basswood.

Metal_Maniac

Reaction score
Btw Matt Bachand isn't in the catalogue? Didn't find him at least...
His sig guitar isnt in the catalog but there's a pic of him on one of the pages, the RGA page i think. Doubt its discontinued, still on ibanez website

EDIT: I see someone else beat me to it

Metal_Maniac

Reaction score
Just looked over the Euro catalog... Why the hell haven't Dino or Meshuggah gotten sigs yet? :nuts:

EDIT: With that said though, I am fucking stoked about that RGD7320Z... I hope they release it in North America. Just wish they would use alder or mahogany, something with some more interesting sonic properties than basswood.

There's a few Ibanez artists that should have sig's but don't

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Im gathering a huge liking for basswood after getting my Ibanez. I like it just as much as my Loomis' ash body, and they don't even sound THAT different when running through an amp, especially on distortion. I really don't think wood makes too much of a tonal difference unless running it acoustically. I can get about equal brightness through my Loomis, my Mahogany Schecter and my Basswood Ibanez.

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
Doubt its discontinued, still on ibanez website
The website won't be updated until the NAMM Show, so that's not saying much. It might appear on 'next year's' website, but it still is out of production.

Elijah

Reaction score

I see people say this all the time and I honestly don't care about Dino and whether or not he gets a sig, but I gotta agree on the Meshuggah thing...
Going off of what qualifies you for sigs, those guys deserve it more than half the Ibanez sig roster!

jl-austin

Reaction score
I didn't see the fireman in the European catalog, they still had Paul's RG siggy. Did I miss it, or is it just going to be an American release? Or maybe (I can't believe they would do another) limited edition?

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
Probably a summer release. I do hope they'll show it at the Winter NAMM Show.

astm

Reaction score
WAT, since when Tony MacAlpine is playing with Ibanez?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, has he got a trem'd rg2228 there? Fuck, Ibanez quit holdin' out on us!

I thought there would be an Ibby 8 with a trem coming out in the next year or so. I wonder if there are still bugs to work out, or something to that effect, before an 8 with a trem can hit the market.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Im gathering a huge liking for basswood after getting my Ibanez. I like it just as much as my Loomis' ash body, and they don't even sound THAT different when running through an amp, especially on distortion. I really don't think wood makes too much of a tonal difference unless running it acoustically. I can get about equal brightness through my Loomis, my Mahogany Schecter and my Basswood Ibanez.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of amp are you talking about? Because I can tell you right now, my Ibanez RG1527 (basswood), RG321MH (mahogany) and Cort S-2550 (alder) sound quite distinct.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Please not another basswood sucks thread.

If you don't like it, cool.

If you do like it, cool.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
I'm pretty much 100% sure that you're not going to notice a lot of tonal difference when your using high output pickups. When you use lower output pickups the tonewoods' character becomes a lot more apparent, so on 90% of all Ibanez guitars your not even going to notice that it's basswood

')