Ibanez 2011

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
The European catalog says 635mm/25", which is a first on an Ibanez guitar as far as I know. The only other manufacturer I know that uses 25" scale necks is PRS (not on a 7-string though), but I'm not too familiar with all other guitar brands. It certainly isn't your standard 25.5".

I know the SZ series were 25.1 scale. Whether 1/10 of an inch makes a difference... it doesn't... but yeah.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
I know the SZ series were 25.1 scale. Whether 1/10 of an inch makes a difference... it doesn't... but yeah.
Cool story bro! :D 25.1" was/is also pretty uncommon, but that doesn't make this new ARZ307 neck not the first 25" neck Ibanez ever made (IIRC).

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know how much the Apex was last year, but this year it is $2499. The 1527 had a $100 price increase.

Apex 100 - $2499.99
Arz307 - $499.99
Rg7320 - $529.99
Rgd7321 - $599.99

The RG7321 is over $500 street price now? Where have I been?!

That seems like a decent price for the RGD, but that's subject to change with how it actually plays in hand. Some Ibbys do look significantly better in the catalogue than in person.

EDIT: By the way, what is the motivation for shorter scale lengths on seven strings? I don't see 25" being an issue, but for a low B, I think every fraction of an inch counts.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The European catalog says 635mm/25", which is a first on an Ibanez guitar as far as I know. The only other manufacturer I know that uses 25" scale necks is PRS (not on a 7-string though), but I'm not too familiar with all other guitar brands. It certainly isn't your standard 25.5".

Fair, I might have to buy one then. I would've preferred 25.5" but that should be fine.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
The RG7321 is over $500 street price now? Where have I been?!

That seems like a decent price for the RGD, but that's subject to change with how it actually plays in hand. Some Ibbys do look significantly better in the catalogue than in person.

EDIT: By the way, what is the motivation for shorter scale lengths on seven strings? I don't see 25" being an issue, but for a low B, I think every fraction of an inch counts.

Well, the Rg7321 wasn't even in the new catalogue that I saw. But then again, not a lot of stuff was. It seemed like it was only showcasing new stuff and changed models. So I'm not sure if the Rg7321 is still around. It may have been kicked to the curb for one of the new models.

On the other hand, it was probably just left out of the catalogue since there is nothing new about it. A lot of other stuff was.

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
Well, the Rg7321 wasn't even in the new catalogue that I saw. But then again, not a lot of stuff was. It seemed like it was only showcasing new stuff and changed models. So I'm not sure if the Rg7321 is still around. It may have been kicked to the curb for one of the new models.

On the other hand, it was probably just left out of the catalogue since there is nothing new about it. A lot of other stuff was.
Actually, the 'new' RG7321 (the one introduced in 2010 with the Gibraltar Standard bridge) is not part of the European lineup, not last year and not this year (although it might be available in some European stores), so that's why it isn't in this European catalog (because that's what it is). The catalog depicts the complete European lineup, but only the European lineup. If you want to be sure about what's available in your country this year, you have to wait for the right catalog to leak:D

I can break the good news: the RG7321 will be available in North America in 2011.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
The ARZ307 will likely have the same fate of the AX7221, which will be to the bargain bins. Which is not exactly a bad deal! Hope lots of people are going to buy it so we can see more color options in the future. :metal:

this :yesway:

cause in my opinion, and my financial situation, $500 isn't THAT good of a price for this indo ibby...

potatohead

Reaction score

Carvin uses 25" on their neck throughs and set necks, as well.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Actually, the 'new' RG7321 (the one introduced in 2010 with the Gibraltar Standard bridge) is not part of the European lineup, not last year and not this year (although it might be available in some European stores), so that's why it isn't in this European catalog (because that's what it is). The catalog depicts the complete European lineup, but only the European lineup. If you want to be sure about what's available in your country this year, you have to wait for the right catalog to leak:D

I can break the good news: the RG7321 will be available in North America in 2011.

I wasn't looking in the European catalogue. ;)

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Carvin uses 25" on their neck throughs and set necks, as well.

Also Warmoth sevens are 25", no?

Still don't know why 25" is better than 25.5" for a seven string.

The RG7321 has been around awhile, so maybe it's time to diversify and split it into two newer models?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Still don't know why 25" is better than 25.5" for a seven string.

I personally prefer 25.5" as it feels a little better tension wise, especially with a low B. I know people get all 'omg you can't even tell' well I have a PRS SE that has a 25" scale and I can tell the difference between that and 25.5". It feels a little smoother which is nice for leads, but for rythms I want just right tension, and that extra half inch is necessary for me. I use drop Bb tuning now though, so since I'm tuning 6 strings up a half step I can put up with a 25" scale.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Then it must be the utter useful "NSM" (or "New Stuff at NAMM") catalog :D

You are correct, sir! :lol:

I think the only reason I figured there could be an issue with the rg7321 not showing up is because the 1527 was in there and it didn't look like it got a change. Unless the black finish was the change. I thought I remember that happening last year though. :shrug:

potatohead

Reaction score
The other thread got me thinking. Re-issue the 565 and I'll buy one of every color.

')