Ibanez 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Anyone know that scale of the 30 fretter? I ask because the last frets look quite normal sized.

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
To play UJR, not only would you need to have the range, but also the humbucker under the fretboard, which helped shape his sound.
I made the UJR 'joke', because every time I see a guitar with a lot (e.g. more than 24) of frets, I think of him. I guess you're super serious about this, so I will stop making UJR jokes. For the record: the 30 fret RG does have something called a "neck pickup simulator".

Anyone know that scale of the 30 fretter? I ask because the last frets look quite normal sized.
25.5"

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Damn, that new RGA8 looks nice :eek:
Makes me kinda regret that I already own one :lol:
And I want a RGD7321 :(

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
Little less than I anticipated, but y'know, it's not really going to fill any roles I don't already have covered, so I think I can suppress my burning desire for the purple one.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I'm really curious to hear this neck pickup simulator on the 30-fret RG. Depending on how it sounds I might need to find something similar for my own guitars.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
is it me, or does the RGA8 look different for 2011?
2011:
RGA8_BK_1P_02.png

I personally like this.
It doesn't look as cheap as the other model did.
But that's just me.

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
*i know this has already been mentioned in this thread*

the ibanez with 30 frets in my opinion is most properly ibanez's most unattractive guitar i've seen. and the size of the frets (the gap between the frets not the actual fret wire) above 24 look unusable. its official ibanez have gone insane

AxeHappy

Reaction score
*i know this has already been mentioned in this thread*

the ibanez with 30 frets in my opinion is most properly ibanez's most unattractive guitar i've seen. and the size of the frets (the gap between the frets not the actual fret wire) above 24 look unusable. its official ibanez have gone insane

It's not a production model. It's a showcase. They're supposed to be trying out crazy stupid shit on them.

It's also less insane that that non-prestige double necked Xiphos they did last year...

bklixuz

Reaction score
You best be trollin', did you not see the pics?
I was hoping to see some birds eye maple or ebony on the new lineup other than rosewoods and plain maple AGAIN
some real maple tops other than veneers and solid paints. (thats what I meant about "nothing new at ibanez *yawn*")
but j custom and LACS are there so loan some money in the bank and buy some OH PLEASE!:noway:
and premiums? sounds too shitty. $899 for indo made yayks! those japs are making a fool at us maybe next year theyll introduce ibanez GOLD MEMBER!:lol: and theyr making us believe that its operated by a prestige team harharhar (hey! my indo ibby is better than your MIJ or JEM!) :lol: its like a scam in the MARKETING WORLD.
ibanez is getting boring and boring and boring...
no offense, I once was an ibanez lover for years until I looked at other brands. I was excited to see the new stuffs but just got disappointed :noplease:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Read what Rich says. They brought down guys from Japan to work on these, and he says the fretwork is better than what the Prestige Korean S series used to be, ditto for the neck. And the quality is much better than Indo's.

jcbakz

Reaction score
well, i dont buy what rich says. hes an ibanez endorsee he should say something cool on their products :)

Latest posts

')