Ibanez 2011

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
It appears to me that the reason the RGA8 looks different is just camera angle trickery. Where are the differences that everyone's seeing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

butch

Reaction score
Rich is not an Ibanez endorsee, he is a dealer, BIG difference. He was a thorn in the side of Hoshino for years, because he was an internet dealer getting things through the other North American distributor, Chesbro, as well as exclusive stuff from overseas.

Someone at Hoshino finally had the sense to look at the volume, dollars, and fantasic reputation Rich was getting (ask anyone about his sales inspection/ set-ups), and brought him in as their ONLY authorized internet-only dealer. Otherwise, you have to have a brick-and-mortar store front, or at least a large catalog presence.

Rich has also held nothing back in criticisms of Ibanez. He was one of the loudest to complain when Ibanez stopped using the locking bridge studs. He shares many of the concerns we as players do, but instead of just screaming about it, he does what he can as far as he can. None of us can control where something is built, specs, price, etc. Rich knows his market-if you notice, no GIO's or RG3xx in regular inventory. He works with guitars of good quality, and makes them even better before they leave his house/shop.

You don't have to buy from Rich, but if you do, know that he is as passionate about your guitar as you are.

Cheers,
Butch

Reaction score
well, i dont buy what rich says. hes an ibanez endorsee he should say something cool on their products :)

Until now, Rich only stocked Prestige and higher Ibanez guitars. The Premium series is the first Ibanez series he's stocked that is MII. He may be an Ibanez dealer, but he is straight with you, and that is why he offers different prices with setups and fret dresses so every guitar that leaves his shop plays great. Also, ff you look at the pics I don't think its a thin veneer on the Premiums either, there is natural binding and the binding looks to also be quilted maple. $899 is a great price, considering these will basically be direct competition for Schecter's top of the line Imports which sell for right at the same price. Ibanez and the Japanese factory bought this Indo factory, rather than just contracting it out as well. It is Ibanez's factory, rather than a factory that is making guitars for Ibanez. Lets also factor in the outrageous price increases that we've seen from Ibanez the past several years. the RG1527 used to be $899 new, and now its $1199....that is a $400 increase.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
Rich is not an Ibanez endorsee, he is a dealer, BIG difference. He was a thorn in the side of Hoshino for years, because he was an internet dealer getting things through the other North American distributor, Chesbro, as well as exclusive stuff from overseas.

Someone at Hoshino finally had the sense to look at the volume, dollars, and fantasic reputation Rich was getting (ask anyone about his sales inspection/ set-ups), and brought him in as their ONLY authorized internet-only dealer. Otherwise, you have to have a brick-and-mortar store front, or at least a large catalog presence.

Rich has also held nothing back in criticisms of Ibanez. He was one of the loudest to complain when Ibanez stopped using the locking bridge studs. He shares many of the concerns we as players do, but instead of just screaming about it, he does what he can as far as he can. None of us can control where something is built, specs, price, etc. Rich knows his market-if you notice, no GIO's or RG3xx in regular inventory. He works with guitars of good quality, and makes them even better before they leave his house/shop.

You don't have to buy from Rich, but if you do, know that he is as passionate about your guitar as you are.

Cheers,
Butch

rep'd
Well said man.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Until now, Rich only stocked Prestige and higher Ibanez guitars. The Premium series is the first Ibanez series he's stocked that is MII. He may be an Ibanez dealer, but he is straight with you, and that is why he offers different prices with setups and fret dresses so every guitar that leaves his shop plays great. Also, ff you look at the pics I don't think its a thin veneer on the Premiums either, there is natural binding and the binding looks to also be quilted maple. $899 is a great price, considering these will basically be direct competition for Schecter's top of the line Imports which sell for right at the same price. Ibanez and the Japanese factory bought this Indo factory, rather than just contracting it out as well. It is Ibanez's factory, rather than a factory that is making guitars for Ibanez. Lets also factor in the outrageous price increases that we've seen from Ibanez the past several years. the RG1527 used to be $899 new, and now its $1199....that is a $400 increase.

The 1527 was actually $599 new when it came out, prices have doubled in the past ~7 years.

Epiphone, LTD, Rasmus, and probably others now have stuff that's made in China and costs as much as these. It's just the unfortunate state of affairs.

One can, however, still get USA, Canada, and Japan-made stuff for these same prices from other companies (Fender/Jackson/Charvel and Godin, for example). On the other hand they're not necessarily better. I've played USA Fenders that were worse than Chinese LTD's.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
indo eww..

Well, I bought a DTT700 last year and it was decent. Not on par with US stuff or whatever, but a decent guitar for the price. Could have used a better fret job but nothing that can't be fixed, and they had real pickups for once. So Indo doesn't automatically mean bad guitars.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having seen Rich's closeups of the fretwork etc on the Premium line I've got to say I'm impressed. If the actual production models are that good they look to be good guitars if you're looking for those specs.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Let me be the first to say that I'm definitely going to get my hands on one of the Premiums. Indonesian guitars have seen a major improvement in the last 5 years, especially in the last 3. Add to that the fact that Ibanez took special care in crafting these guitars to Prestige Standards.

The other thing that really has me intrigued by these is that these are the first TRUE Ibanez guitars. Never before has Ibanez owned the company that builds their guitars.

Before all, though, these guitars look amazing, and the Prestiges don't have maple binding or frets that look that good.

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
It's not a production model. It's a showcase. They're supposed to be trying out crazy stupid shit on them.

It's also less insane that that non-prestige double necked Xiphos they did last year...

k well thats good news that its just a showcase. i personaly the xiphos double neck (the top one being a 7 string the other a 6 string guitar) was a brill idea from ibanez. lol.

Frak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm droolin over the violet Premium, they're SO nice! Really interested about the neck playability, too.
A premium 7 with these specs would be amazing!

jl-austin

Reaction score
I was looking at the premiums, and the radius is 400, like the other MII guitars. The MIJ radius is 430. I am curious as to how they will play now.

I wonder if the edge zero II was made for 400 radius?

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
I was looking at the premiums, and the radius is 400, like the other MII guitars. The MIJ radius is 430. I am curious as to how they will play now.

I wonder if the edge zero II was made for 400 radius?
I too was contemplating this, if they did make the EZ2's 400 radius to match it would be badass. :hbang:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even if the EZ2's are 430mm radius, it'll only take $10 in shims to match the fretboard. It would be nice if it was properly radius'd from the factory though.

skeeballcore

Reaction score
Title says most of it, has anyone seen a place online to pre-order the RGD7321 or know if a release date has bee put out?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Title says most of it, has anyone seen a place online to pre-order the RGD7321 or know if a release date has bee put out?

Typically, it takes a month or so for some of the NAMM guitars to hit the shelves.

The best thing you can do is find a shop you like and have them place an order with their Ibanez rep. That way you'll have a solid ETA and get the guitar as soon as possible.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
i just hope the websites aren't any real indication that Canada won't be getting an RGD7321, i fucking need that guitar in my life

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
i just hope the websites aren't any real indication that Canada won't be getting an RGD7321, i fucking need that guitar in my life

It's going to end up being just like the RG7321 a big mod guitar.
Which isnt necessarily a bad thing, there are some killer lookin' RG7321s now.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
k well thats good news that its just a showcase.

Why is that good news??? How exactly would it have affected you were it to become a production model? It's not like you or anyone else would be forced to buy it.

(Why am I seeing so much of this "If I don't like it, it shouldn't even be made" mentality everywhere?)

')