Ibanez 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Not any actual info or anything, but I tried out the ART7 at NAMM and definitely am getting one,

Did anyone else notice how awkward the 30 fret lower horn felt in person?

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Not any actual info or anything, but I tried out the ART7 at NAMM and definitely am getting one,

Did anyone else notice how awkward the 30 fret lower horn felt in person?

Yeah.....those upper 6 frets are really just a novelty.....my pinky couldnt even fret them accurately. If the spacing were better it'd be great cuz the cutaway actually let you get up there.

I wanted to play the new Munky sig but the bastards had it zip tied!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah.....those upper 6 frets are really just a novelty.....my pinky couldnt even fret them accurately. If the spacing were better it'd be great cuz the cutaway actually let you get up there.

The smaller the distance between frets, the more difficult it is to play, but they need to get a lot closer than that to be unplayable. Your fingers don't actually have to fit between the frets to stop the string at the right fret, you can actually press your finger over the previous fret.

It's kind of silly for them to have the new Munky sig zip tied so that no one can play it at NAMM. It'd be like going to a wine tasting convention where they only show you pictures of the wine bottles, instead of letting you taste them.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
The smaller the distance between frets, the more difficult it is to play, but they need to get a lot closer than that to be unplayable. Your fingers don't actually have to fit between the frets to stop the string at the right fret, you can actually press your finger over the previous fret.

It's kind of silly for them to have the new Munky sig zip tied so that no one can play it at NAMM. It'd be like going to a wine tasting convention where they only show you pictures of the wine bottles, instead of letting you taste them.

I went on Sunday (new rule I guess) and had no problem playing both APEX guitars and any other guitar on the Ibanez booth :)

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't there some sort of NAFTA or something to keep trade barriers low between USA and Canada?

I've never bought anything more than a pack of gum and a soda from Canada, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. It just seems to me that if you need the guitar so badly, and the duties aren't completely ridiculous, it could be an option. :shrug:

I've bought guitars from Australia and had no issues.

EDIT: Did anyone posting here actually see the De-Activator 8?

Metal_Maniac

Reaction score
"Did anyone posting here actually see the De-Activator 8?"

Did anyone get any video of the Deactivator 8??? I heard Bulb was demoing it at the dimarzio booth on a RG2228

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
Just took a look at the RG7320 on the US site and it doesn't look to bad.
It's a decent lookin' guitar, granted I don't know how well the new trem is.
But I like the binding on the neck and with some new pickups it looks like it'll be killer.

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score
i had a thread started like 3 years ago, hoping for an RG7320! nice to see they made it happen.

potatohead

Reaction score
and incure higher pay out due to it's me buying it from across border, sure, i'll pay shipping and massive cross border taxes, i'll get right on that

I have a guitar coming to me from the US right now that was/is not available up here. If they ship USPS the worst charge you will have is about $10 in brokerage, and perhaps 5 or 6% in duty if the guitar is not made in Canada/US/Mexico. You will also have to pay tax which you pay buying it at home anyway. This doesn't even include the fact the guitar is probably 25% cheaper down there to begin with.

With that said, I try to shop up here as much as I can, but when something isn't available, you don't have much option.

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
Might be a repost, but in case anyone's missed these:

Hold it right there buddy, when he demonstrates the RG Premium he clearly says "Mahogany body". Then why the hell does the Ibanez website say it's (American) Basswood?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
"Did anyone posting here actually see the De-Activator 8?"

Did anyone get any video of the Deactivator 8??? I heard Bulb was demoing it at the dimarzio booth on a RG2228

01.jpg

Theres a pic from Nick's thread.

')