Ibanez 2011

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
As far as another earlier issue. Head no longer in Korn, Head no longer has a signature model.

Difference being, there's been as much indication that Slipknot is sticking around as there is that they're done. More so if you include the "sticking around but taking a break" stuff.

Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if they drop the guitar and take a "we'll bring it back, possibly with a redesign, if they come back" approach.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I'd be partial to a voyager with a nice top.

Will ask it here though and not make another topic: is there a valid reason Ibanez doesn't do good pickups ? I understand putting brand pickups in guitars would result in a higher price likely, but other guitar brand house pickups aren't that bad, not necessarily Gibson pickup quality, but Ibanez are rarely usable straight out of the box even for some moderately expensive prestiges so that's an added cost anyway.
Given the number of guitars they sell I'm surprised their pickups still aren't better.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Bring the XL series back.

Period.

Yes +100000000000000000

:hbang:absolutely bring the XL's back!!!!!! i went yesterday to try out an rgd as i am badly wanting a baritone, and i was left disappointed. if i get a baritone i want it to be a noticable difference in length and that 26.5" just doesnt do it:wallbash:. i want at least 27" scale even though its only 1/2 inch longer than the rgd its still an inch and half longer then the 25.5 im used to. also if they happen to do these in a neck thru or rgt id be a very happy man!

The 27" scale version of the RG7620 needs to come back with maybe some different wood options like Ash or Mahogany. Ibanez should respond with Agile-like options

Also, I would kill for a 7 string RGA121 with the Gibraltar bridge and one with a trem. Both pls :D

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I'd be partial to a voyager with a nice top.

Will ask it here though and not make another topic: is there a valid reason Ibanez doesn't do good pickups ? I understand putting brand pickups in guitars would result in a higher price likely, but other guitar brand house pickups aren't that bad, not necessarily Gibson pickup quality, but Ibanez are rarely usable straight out of the box even for some moderately expensive prestiges so that's an added cost anyway.
Given the number of guitars they sell I'm surprised their pickups still aren't better.

Are you talking about the DiMarzio IBZ pickups? Those are made by DiMarzio. The V series pickups are based on DiMarzios. To be honest Ive never had any problem with stock pickups in any but the most bottom of the line model guitars. The Infinity pickups are pretty good too. Depends on what you like I guess.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
UV7PWH reissue (or update with AANJ) would be sweet. Just a change from the ages old 777PBK would be nice. Well, the MC reissue was a nice change as far as aesthetic goes but price wise it wasnt very nice lol.

iddqd

Reaction score
I guess we'll see some more guitars with rgd-like shapes. An Iceman with rgd-curves should be nice!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Some new RGDs (maybe mahogany?) would be cool and honestly likely since it seems like they are selling them. :agreed: I really liked the RGD I played, would love to pick one up but the new tag on them is pretty pricey IMO. :(

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
I would love to see the rgt's again. Especially the rgt320q. And I think it would be fuckin' epic if the made a 7 string version of it! That looked like the 320q.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
A neck thru RG7 like Buzz's red one would be a nice addition to the line.
also the Neck on my RG7CT seems to be a tad thicker than any of the 7620 necks I've owned and it's easily the most comfy Ibby 7 neck I've had to date.
what ever that neck profile is, it should be available.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I guess NAMM is coming up once again and only now are the 2010 Ibanez Models hitting the Canadian market..... :lol: Same shit every year....

I really haven't heard anything outside of an update to Munky's signature model.

Fingers crossed that there is a North American release of the Prestige RGA427Z.

I would love to see some more RGD's hit the market. Whether it be different paint schemes, bridge options or body woods. I think this is one of Ibanez's best releases in some time.

And I would really love to see an update to the UV7. Christ, they've been selling the same model for how many years now? :scratch:

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
Jake's (Periphery) new RGA7... as a production model would be all I'd ask for from Ibanez. Period.

RGA7_JB1001.jpg

RGA7_JB1006.jpg

RGA7_JB1002.jpg

RGA7_JB1005.jpg

RGA7_JB1003.jpg

Sex.

iddqd

Reaction score
I'm considering preventing my GAS till NAMM. How long do you think it takes till new models are available (in europe)?

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
I'm considering preventing my GAS till NAMM. How long do you think it takes till new models are available (in europe)?

By the time the press releases are there my favourite store in Holland (Dirk Witte) can usually order the models, which means they will be physically present in their shops 2 weeks after NAMM. I assume Thomann could strike a similair arrangement.

Though in my case I am particularly lucky because Dirk Witte tends to buy a lot of the ''showroom'' models from NAMM and Leipzig :metal:

fabe_sd

Reaction score
What is there to buy from Leipzig anyways? Do u mean Frankfurt?

joshc482

Reaction score
all i want from ibby is a 27" neckthrough maple/wenge/bubinga RG wit reverse headstock, ebony board,24 ss frets, either alder or possibly poplar body, and 1 sd blackout or bareknuckle miracle man or aftermath pickups, and a volume knob. damnit it wont happen so i will have to go custom.

Latest posts

')