Ibanez 2011

splinter8451

Reaction score
Black is perfectly fine, as long as its straight glossy black, or straight flat black. There are very few people that are comfortable yielding a sparkly black guitar. Its as if Ibanez made the 2228 gloss black and said "Woah, hold up... we can't have the headstock actually MATCH the body! Throw glitter into the mix"

I would rather Ibanez keep their sparkly finishes. I loved the finish on my 2228 and the finish on my 7420VK has a sparkle to it that I love. My 7421BK is just boring cause it is normal gloss black :noway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ejendres

Reaction score
I love to see an affordable carved top RG with the Gibraltar III bridge or some other hardtail setup.

Deep blue over plain maple with ebony board and no inlays... that'd be pure sex.

Sadly I'm just dreaming

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
b.gif

I certainly like it. Ibanez needs more SSH guitars again.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Is that new Inferno? I see it's a link from Ikebe, I'll have to check it out.

Odd choice that they would return to EMGs...

Personally I hate straight gloss finishes, the RG2228's sparkle black makes it much more interesting, same goes for the matte RGD2127.

Reaction score
Dino Cazares Sig ftw.

oh and also, why the hell is Buz playing ESP? He's been with ibanez for like ever...
anyone know why he made the switch? It was the guys from whitechapel wasn't it... the turned him...

The last thing anybody needs is an all black guitar with only a bridge pickup. That's a waste of wood.

Also, I've seen these Buz rumors, but no confirmation. Pics or it didn't happen.
List of SSO Gripes:

"It's got a TOM!"
"I want an Ebony board!"
"Dots look cheap!"
"Only 6 strings?!"
"I want it in a 7!"
"No bridge 'bucker, no br00tlz!"
"Needs a baritone scale!"
"FTW?! No matching headstock?!"
"It's not bright enough! Red is the new black!"

:rofl:

You forgot "OMFG. BASSWOOD FOR TEH LEWZ"

DesertBurst

need moar dorrar
Reaction score
I know it's not likely to happen but I'd like to see 7 string prestige S or X with 26.5 scales.

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
Weird ass idea, and I know you Ibby purists will hate it, but an RGAT? With a string-thru body I'd buy one in an instant.

serazac25

Reaction score
They should lower RGA prestige prices, and by a lot, hell , an esp H-FR II comess with a neck-thru, stock emg's, for a little bit under 2k, ibanez gives you just the awesome looking guitar, but bolt on, boring inlays , not to mention that AA battery pickups, and it is a shame that the Predator's Tongue finish didn't hit the Americas. Oh well.

RG550 Permanent Re-Issue will be awesome with new colors, even though the desert yellow is the only one you need :) and they should keep the matching cases.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
List of SSO Gripes:

"It's got a TOM!"
"I want an Ebony board!"
"Dots look cheap!"
"Only 6 strings?!"
"I want it in a 7!"
"No bridge 'bucker, no br00tlz!"
"Needs a baritone scale!"
"FTW?! No matching headstock?!"
"It's not bright enough! Red is the new black!"

:rofl:

:rofl: I think I have been guilty of each and every one of those gripes!

If Ibanez made an ebony fretboard seven without dots or a tun-o-matic with two humbuckers in an extended scale with a bright finish and matching headstock, we'd still find something to complain about..."what? no fanned fret?!" ...or "man, if that guitar was $200 cheaper, I'd buy it, but it's too expensive."

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:rofl: I think I have been guilty of each and every one of those gripes!

If Ibanez made an ebony fretboard seven without dots or a tun-o-matic with two humbuckers in an extended scale with a bright finish and matching headstock, we'd still find something to complain about..."what? no fanned fret?!"

Nah, then the folks wanting all that for $400 would chime in. :rofl:

ibbyfreak13

Reaction score
I would rather Ibanez keep their sparkly finishes. I loved the finish on my 2228 and the finish on my 7420VK has a sparkle to it that I love. My 7421BK is just boring cause it is normal gloss black :noway:
:hbang: i prefer the finish of my 05 rgt42dxbp, bp= black pearl, then that of my rg7321. the black pearl is just more interesting to look at and doesnt seem like just a plain black guitar. then again i LOVE my rgt42dxwh, an all white guitar even the head stock and back of the neck FTW:metal:

Elijah

Reaction score
Does anyone else find it a little funny that people STILL continue to turn these 2011 namm rumor threads into an "I wish" sort of thread?
Oh, what's that? You didn't find it funny at all and just thought it was super inconvenient when you see 11 pages of like 3 real rumors in the middle of 753 I-wants?
Hmm, me too...

')