Ibanez 2011

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shame Broderick doesn't have a sig, ive been hoping and waiting and so far still no sig for him :mad: I really want his Transparent White Custom RGA7

If Chris was to have a Sig. it'd be a 6-string, as that's what he plays in Megadeth. Perhaps if he ever reaches "band member" status opposed to "hired gun" he'll get a Sig.

I guess it's all up to MegaDave. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal_Maniac

Reaction score
If Chris was to have a Sig. it'd be a 6-string, as that's what he plays in Megadeth. Perhaps if he ever reaches "band member" status opposed to "hired gun" he'll get a Sig.

I guess it's all up to MegaDave. :lol:

I doubt that fact that he plays a 6 string in Megadeth would have any impact on what his signature guitar would be. He still keeps getting new 7's from Ibanez as well as 6's so if anything he would prob have a 6 and a 7 Sig. He deserves a sig guitar compared to some of the other artists that manage to get sig's

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt that fact that he plays a 6 string in Megadeth would have any impact on what his signature guitar would be. He still keeps getting new 7's from Ibanez as well as 6's so if anything he would prob have a 6 and a 7 Sig. He deserves a sig guitar compared to some of the other artists that manage to get sig's

Other than his "Washed White" RGA7, what 7-string has he been ordering? His last four guitars he got were 6-strings, the White Wash and Black Wash RGAs, and the two S5470s with Megadeth graphics a Black one and Red one. As far as I know, he hasn't received a new 7 in about a year, maybe a bit longer.

Think about what a signature guitar is. It's a tool to promote an artist and a company. Why give Chris a guitar that'll never be used on tour or in stadiums? If they're giving him a signature guitar, it's going to be one that he'll use on stage every night.

As for deserving, while his skill is unquestionable, and attitude commendable, that's not why folks get signature guitars.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Other than his "Washed White" RGA7, what 7-string has he been ordering? His last four guitars he got were 6-strings, the White Wash and Black Wash RGAs, and the two S5470s with Megadeth graphics a Black one and Red one. As far as I know, he hasn't received a new 7 in about a year, maybe a bit longer.

Whilst I agree with you on everything you said, I just thought I would point out that you don't know for sure if he has ordered any 7's in a year or so. Dave Mustaine asked Chris to only perform using 6 strings whilst he's in his time in Megadeth, meaning if he did order a new 7 you wouldnt see him with it because of that. Maybe Chris has ordered 7's that he would use outside of Megadeth.

And Chris is a fulltime member of Megadeth, not hired like he was in Nevermore, so if he was to get a sig, it would very likely represent Megadeth, and be a 6 string, so I agree with you there.

afflictive

Reaction score
Would be awesome with a Broderick signature! Rather a 7 than a 6 tho. Black washed rga, with cut out horns, ebony blank board, reverse headstock, fixed bridge and BKP's. Now that would be a guitar!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whilst I agree with you on everything you said, I just thought I would point out that you don't know for sure if he has ordered any 7's in a year or so. Dave Mustaine asked Chris to only perform using 6 strings whilst he's in his time in Megadeth, meaning if he did order a new 7 you wouldnt see him with it because of that. Maybe Chris has ordered 7's that he would use outside of Megadeth.

And Chris is a fulltime member of Megadeth, not hired like he was in Nevermore, so if he was to get a sig, it would very likely represent Megadeth, and be a 6 string, so I agree with you there.

He could order 100 7-string tomorrow, and Ibanez still won't give him a signature 7-string if all he's going to use it for are a couple random YouTube vids and a teaching session here and there. I want a cool new signature seven as much as anyone, but facts are facts. Ibanez doesn't give signatures to artists unless they're going to use it "commercially".

All of Megadeth's past guitarists were "fulltime members"....... on paper. This is MegaDave we're talking about, if the past decades and guitarists have taught us anything it's that Dave will replace members whenever he feels like it. It is his baby afterall. :lol:

Would be awesome with a Broderick signature! Rather a 7 than a 6 tho. Black washed rga, with cut out horns, ebony blank board, reverse headstock, fixed bridge and BKP's. Now that would be a guitar!

That's not even the specs to any of his known, current 7-strings. :lol: He seems to dig trems and his newer DiMarzio endorsement.

PhillCantu93

Some guy, I suppose.
Reaction score
Awfully sad Chris doesn't have a sig model yet. The man's been with them, what, atleast 10 years? It's also sad that MegaDave makes him use a 6 instead of a 7. Just imagine songs like Headcrusher and Endgame played with a 7 string.

Oh, and that RGD7320Z gives me wood big time. I'd like to see Ibanez return to something akin to the old 7s they made back in the 90s and early 2000s (RG7620, RG7420, RG1077XL, etc...)

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
*Scratch last post.*

I now REALLY want either that rgd7320z or the rg 7320z.Damnit being 16 with no job or car!Also sucks that no s premiums were released. :(

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I was kinda hoping for a new eight string from Ibanez
+1, or at least a re-finished 2228. i just can't get myself to buy a guitar that expensive with that god awful glitter finish. 5th year in a row with that finish now and i heard so many people complaining about it...it's about time to spice that one up, ibanez.

:noplease:

afflictive

Reaction score
shitsøn;2273641 said:
+1, or at least a re-finished 2228. i just can't get myself to buy a guitar that expensive with that god awful glitter finish. 5th year in a row with that finish now and i heard so many people complaining about it...it's about time to spice that one up, ibanez.

:noplease:

None in the new catalogue. So it doesn't look too good :)

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Yes please and thank you.

I will own one of these. Throw some black hardware on it and drop in a set of PAF-spec pickups. :yum:

Weird because I was thinking of the exact same thing.... :scratch:

Also congrats to Devin on getting on the catalogue! :woohoo: I'll catch up to you on the next one hopefully...

ayambakar

The Giver of Likes
Reaction score
I wonder why that Ibanez news site doesn't put up a picture of RGD7320Z. It would be my dream guitar, 7 string - tremolo - deep cutaways - non-prestige neck. I hope they really release it this year.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score

Is it just me, or does every person in this catalog that is not Joe Satriani or Steve Vai look like a total hipster douchenozzle that probably regularly attends poetry readings at their local fair trade coffee shop after a hard day of walking/bicycling between farmer's markets whilst blogging on their Macbook? I wonder if they did that intentionally. :lol:

theV

Reaction score
I wonder why that Ibanez news site doesn't put up a picture of RGD7320Z. It would be my dream guitar, 7 string - tremolo - deep cutaways - non-prestige neck. I hope they really release it this year.

Seems like US gets the RGD7 fixed, and Europe gets the RGD7 trem.

ifklirarn

SikTh Addict
Reaction score
Seems like US gets the RGD7 fixed, and Europe gets the RGD7 trem.

Some people hate them for doing that, some people love them for doing that, well since the S570DXQM was available in some U.K. stores last year that's hoping for the RGD7321 in the U.K. too

')