Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
That S Premium is a perfect example of how to make a black guitar look great all around. I wish they would have taken this approach to the new 2228 with the DiMarzios. Throw a nice binding on a black guitar and it looks twice as good.

I might have to get one of those S Premiums, I was waiting for a nice one with no middle PU.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dickicker

Reaction score
ok ill just be like everyone else. FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want that pink thing sooooooo bad!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
That S Premium would be awesome if it had different pickups, more strings, a different color, different woods, different hardware, more frets, a different body, and a different price!

:lol:

ily guys.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
That S Premium would be awesome if it had different pickups, more strings, a different color, different woods, different hardware, more frets, a different body, and a different price!

:lol:

ily guys.

ok, you can change all that but you LEAVE the trem cavity cover alone!

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
Not an official catalog model, but how about this one?
DS01516064.jpg

DS01516072.jpg

Ibanez RGA320z. Prototype model made for Kurosawa Gakki in Japan. Since it's a prototype, if it sells well it might make it's way for regular production?

Same specs as an RGA420z, but with a swamp ash body and Dimarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone. Priced at 168000yen, much cheaper than the RGA420

If that's not enough strings.. then how about this :D

DS01516058.jpg

Ibanez RGA327z . Same as the 320z but with an extra string. 178,000yen

Now gimme some well deserved good rep :D :D :D

NeglectedField

Reaction score
Passive pickups and routing just makes so much sense as there are so many more options there.

I wonder why EMG hasn't gone the SD route and made the 707 in passive-style housing?

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
shitsøn;2802840 said:
More news:

FR320WH.jpg

That's one of the Ibanez styles I actually dig. I'm not digging on the gaping hole in the pickguard to make room for the pup selector, but surely they make another version of that guitar without it?

EDIT: lolnope. Just checked.

jl-austin

Reaction score
That's one of the Ibanez styles I actually dig. I'm not digging on the gaping hole in the pickguard to make room for the pup selector, but surely they make another version of that guitar without it?

EDIT: lolnope. Just checked.

Just get a custom pickguard made, without the slot for the blade, maybe drill a hole in its place for a 3 way toggle. It would look sharp if done right.

I would probably take out the tone control, and put the toggle in its place (with a solid pickguard).

Or, a clear pickguard would look cool also, and leave the slot for the blade.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Just get a custom pickguard made, without the slot for the blade, maybe drill a hole in its place for a 3 way toggle. It would look sharp if done right.

I would probably take out the tone control, and put the toggle in its place (with a solid pickguard).

Or, a clear pickguard would look cool also, and leave the slot for the blade.

Yeah, I was thinking a custom PG without the slot, then just replacing the stock tone pot with a push-pull tone pot for pup selection. You're right about the clear PG, though, because the J-Custom FR (which is Japan only, of course) has a clear guard, and it looks MUCH better.

Reaction score
Tite-End on a non-Prestige? Sweet, though I'd love to see it on a Premium or more Prestiges.

Hope the new Prestiges will be sweet. Hopefully more Premiums will be announced, too.

')