Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Ugggh! I don't have enough money for all these cool new guitars! :(

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
That Black with white binding RG7... please let it be the new RGXL... :wub:
and the RGD looks like it has much better pickup placement (bridge pickup) than the currently available non-prestige RGDs, as well as the prestige control layout, and the slightly sharper body contours (believe it or not, there is a minor difference between the prestige/ non-prestige models).
I'm excited for both. :D

jl-austin

Reaction score
It also looks like the RGD does not have a bound finger board (which is a plus in my opinion).

I love the Jem though, I am going to have to figure out a way to snag one of those!

Rich at Ibanezrules said the retail for the Jem is $1399 (just, fyi).

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
RGD 7421, if only it had a 7421 neck LOL, that'd be tits. also no binding, dots instead of those ibanez swish inlays is boss, tone knob gone, single volume with the pickup switch replace with a toggle and put into the position where it is with the RGD2127Z, all sexcellent points, whoever is wishing this will be mahogany, keep wishing, cus it'll be basswood yet again, if in the most extreme of possibilities it is mahogany i WILL be getting it. pickups placement is indeed looking a little better.

well barring them fucking canada over a fixed bridge RGD 7 like they did with the previous incarnation, i might actually have to jump all over this 7. i was kinda meh about the lineup, aside from maybe the rg2228 with passives, cus that looks boss. but the RGD gives me hope, let's see what else comes out of the wood work.

def looking forward to NAMM

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
RG3250MZFOR.jpg

well looks like i have some saving to do. :yum: might just mod it to a general lee paint job if i get one... because why the hell not.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Holy balls. The new Prestige 7 looks classy as hell. I might not like the tone of them, but 7 string EMGs can make a guitar look so much cooler.

Also, that JEM is freaking hot! So glad they gave it an OE.

jl-austin

Reaction score
well looks like i have some saving to do. :yum: might just mod it to a general lee paint job if i get one... because why the hell not.

Is it orange or is it Road Flare red? Hard to tell on my monitor (neons don't come through well).

Osiris

Reaction score
IbanezRules seems to have all their rg1550ms and some others on clearance. Kinda looks like the poisoned pumpkin and edge pro models are being discontinued :(.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
The new orange prestige isn't carotene orange, the color is "FOR", which I assume is fluorescent orange. They did that will all the new neon colors. I think they didn't re use colors because they aren't going to be a perfect match and don't want to invite the comparisons.

Last edited:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
shitsøn;2808190 said:
Not a fan of EMGs, also...another black RG7. Really?! The binding makes it look real nice, though. And I have the feeling that this is a baritone model.
Talked to someone at Ibanez today. It is not a baritone.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
He's probably right, the RG927QM and RG1527 are not baritone but have 27 in it's model code, So it looks like it's just an 1527 with binding and emg's :noway:

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
shitsøn;2808904 said:
Talked to someone at Ibanez today. It is not a baritone.
Yeah and I called about the RG927QM which the representative told me "Doesn't exist" , I'd take there info with a grain of salt until we hear official word on the specs.

I'm going to say it's 27" since the neck DOES look longer than usual, someone could post a comparison between that and an rg1527, might be the best idea.

')