Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OH MY FUCKING SHIT! Premium sea foam green Jem with original Edge and vine inlays? Yes fucking please! Sea foam green is THE shit. I want one of those more than the pink 25ths.

That S Premium is classy as all fuck. Prestige 7 with EMGs? I'll pass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Also a 7 with EMG routes! :lol:

RG2627ZEBK.jpg
Did anyone get the new Guitar World??? Munky from Korn seems to be holding what looks like an 8 string version of this(minus the trem). Nothing exciting but hey...

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
To quote a commenter on the ibanez-news page
Simon said...
Talked to someone at Ibanez and the black RG7 is NOT a baritone. =/

snowblind56

Reaction score
OH MY FUCKING SHIT! Premium sea foam green Jem with original Edge and vine inlays? Yes fucking please! Sea foam green is THE shit. I want one of those more than the pink 25ths.

I agree. I want one too. I was ready to start a fire sale on some of my guitars, but the main one that would have to go would be my Prestige RGR1570. I think that would a step down, which I really don't feel like doing.

Reaction score
So the new Jem is going to list for $1399? The RG920QM lists for $1267 and retails for $900. So we are looking at a sexy Jem for around $1000? I hope so!:agreed:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Well at least they're EMGs and not stock Ibby pickups. Also, does that look like a baritone?

I've wanted an RG7 routed for EMGs for the longest time (probably about 6 or 7 years now). Better late than never for sure!

Funny thing is EMG is talking about making passive sized 7 string pups now. :rofl:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Some of the pics in this thread show up as a red X... I'm assuming the Meshuggah sig is one of them... :(

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
That Meshuggah sig is nifty. Can't wait to see the hefty price tag on it. :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Anyone have different pics of the Meshuggah sig? I haven't been able to view the pics in this thread and the ones I'm seeing on Google probably aren't the same thing. I keep finding old pics of them holding 8 string Icemans.

LordHar

Reaction score
Meshuggah specs:

Prestige (MIJ if I understand it correctly)
29.4" scale
Alder winged body, Maple/Bubinga neck.
FX Edge III-8 bridge.
Lundgren M8 pickup

And I guess not cheap

')