Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Yeah I can see the Meshuggah sig costing quite a lot...

I'm disappointed they made a Glaive 7 and not a Falchion 7. I would have been all over that. Otherwise though, a very good year for Ibanez.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordHar

Reaction score
Anyone have different pics of the Meshuggah sig? I haven't been able to view the pics in this thread and the ones I'm seeing on Google probably aren't the same thing. I keep finding old pics of them holding 8 string Icemans.

Can you see it now?

M8M.jpg

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Anyone have different pics of the Meshuggah sig? I haven't been able to view the pics in this thread and the ones I'm seeing on Google probably aren't the same thing. I keep finding old pics of them holding 8 string Icemans.

MESHUGGAH-8.jpg

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
IbanezRules seems to have all their rg1550ms and some others on clearance. Kinda looks like the poisoned pumpkin and edge pro models are being discontinued :(.

The edge pro models have been discontinued for almost a year now, the majority of Prestiges have an EZ now.

Did anyone get the new Guitar World??? Munky from Korn seems to be holding what looks like an 8 string version of this(minus the trem). Nothing exciting but hey...

Wouldn't an 8 string version of this minus a trem be a 2228? Or is the binding included?

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Patent expired.

IBANEZ RULES!! NAMM 2010

"Livin' On The EDGE"​
Those of you that have been following the news are already well aware, the EDGE is back, and in a big way. Every JEM and JS that had the Edge Pro is now going to be EDGE equipped. The UV777 moves to the Lo Pro. Every Prestige that was Edge Pro is moving to Edge Zero. Basically, the Edge Pro is now, dead. It's been no secret Japan is so in love with the EZ that it was going to be expanded into other models, including the new 7 string versions. I asked about why the Edge Pro had to die and was told that since the EZ would be used on everything Prestige, and that Joe and Steve used the Edge almost exclusively on their tour guitars, it only made sense to switch those to the Edge and completely eliminate the EP.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Whatever the case I like em. I think I like Fredrik's more as it looks kind of worn and I dig that sort of thing.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whatever the case I like em. I think I like Fredrik's more as it looks kind of worn and I dig that sort of thing.

There's only one production model, the one with wear on it is the original one they received from LACS. :lol:

Sikor

Freshman
Reaction score
Meshuggah specs:

Prestige (MIJ if I understand it correctly)
29.4" scale
Alder winged body, Maple/Bubinga neck.
FX Edge III-8 bridge.
Lundgren M8 pickup

And I guess not cheap

WANT!
:holy:
(but for sure the price will cool me down a lot ;))

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
There's only one production model, the one with wear on it is the original one they received from LACS. :lol:

Well of course... But the LACS is probably nicer than the production model too. I was more commenting on the aesthetics of his after having been through whatever abuse he throws at it.

I'm not clamouring for relic'd 8s from Ibby. God knows their prices are high enough w/o asking them to eff up the finish FOR me before selling it to me. :lol:

Xiphos68

Reaction score
That orange RG is very nice!

Favorite color on one of my favorite guitars!
:D

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I have an RGD2120z but I dunno about painting it. I'd love it to be this color:

KBC08.jpg

Latest posts

')