Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
You are probably correct. Realistically, they probably won't sell many more than 100-200. Maybe I'm wrong, but this has to be a pretty limited market. Even of the dozens of people on this forum who say they are going to buy one, probably only a few will show up with NGD's.

Apparently the list price on these is about the same as the UV77RE, meaning at least $5,000 street. I'm lowering my estimate to 50. :lol:

They only made 100 of the UV reissues, btw (with only 60 for US market).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They only made 100 of the UV reissues, btw (with only 60 for US market).

Worth noting is that all 60 that went to the US were purchased within the first three weeks of them being available. It's my understanding that it was the same overseas.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Worth noting is that all 60 that went to the US were purchased within the first three weeks of them being available. It's my understanding that it was the same overseas.

That is not true, there was a dealer here in Austin, Guitar Rez, that had a re-issue for almost a year before it finally sold.

Ibanez might have "shipped" all 60, but I know for a fact that they did not "sell" with-in 3 weeks.

As far as the price, I will hold back my opinion (for once).

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score

I think they were purchased, from Ibanez, by select dealers, and that is what constituted them "selling out." Rich at IbanezRules still has 2 of them in stock. But the point I was really trying to make is that I don't think these will be nearly as popular (especially on the global scale) as a Universe reissue. Which is why I doubt the run will even be as high as the UVRE. I could be completely wrong though. It is in the catalog next to the other full-scale production sigs. :shrug:

EDIT:

That is not true, there was a dealer here in Austin, Guitar Rez, that had a re-issue for almost a year before it finally sold.

Ibanez might have "shipped" all 60, but I know for a fact that they did not "sell" with-in 3 weeks.

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

As far as the price, I will hold back my opinion (for once).

Sorry, confused the info I had regarding the first 12 that came to the US selling and all 12 for the Japanese market selling.

My bad.

Edika

Reaction score
Of course Mick Thompson would choose the ugliest of the new x series guitars! He can now have BC Rich with the Ibanez necks and logo.

Iamasingularity

7string Ghost
Reaction score
Of course Mick Thompson would choose the ugliest of the new x series guitars! He can now have BC Rich with the Ibanez necks and logo.

Hmm I disagree. The standards are kinda ugly, but his new one looks pretty sick, maybe the v endings need a little straighting out.

FormerlyVintage

Reaction score
Some shop in Holland still has a UV reissue:
Ibanez UV 77 RE MC

Also, I really hope there is going to be a 25th anniversary JEM that is not listed because it's limited or something :ugh:

NeglectedField

Reaction score
The new tight end bridge on the RG3521 looks odd.

It does. It's as if it's to the Edge Pro what the FX-Edge was to the Lo-Pro Edge, but non-locking and with regular Tight-End saddles.

I like the look of it though, it gives it the 'lines' of a trem-loaded model if you see what I mean. What I would definitely like to see is some more colours in future years, which there will probably be if the line sells well. I'd love the Premium version to come in Red Desert but I dunno, wishful thinking?

Tarantino_Jr

Reaction score
Wonder how they'll source enough Lundgren M8s. I was under the impression that anything mass produced would only feasibly be able to use stocks, Seymour Duncans, EMGs or Dimarzios. Not that I'm bothered about that Meshuggah guitar

But changing the subject, HOLY CRAP FIXED BRIDGE PRESTIGE AND PREMIUM RGS! That's good enough for me not to complain about the lack of colours!

(See catalogue)
I'm quite sure that this guitar is going to be some kind of limited edition.

sell2792

Reaction score

Even his BC Rich's looked A LOT better than this new abortion... If only he would've kept his RG and taken "Semen" off the fretboard, it would've been one of the nicest current production Ibanez's IMO.

Don Vito

Reaction score
RG3250MZFOR.jpg

!
I think I want my next six to be this. :agreed:

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
I definitely think I've seen more guitars I like in this single catalogue than what I've seen in the last 10 years from Ibanez. That S1XXVFYE is calling to me, telling me to sell other guitars in order to get it, and that everything will be alright. Fucking long haired, big titted sirens I'm hearing.

Latest posts

')