Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Apparently the list price on these is about the same as the UV77RE, meaning at least $5,000 street. I'm lowering my estimate to 50. :lol:
Talked to someone at Ibanez and he's expecting a list price of at least 4500€, but doesn't know for sure yet. I don't know if I'm getting one then, most likely not. I guess the DiMarzio equipped RG2228 is enough for me, just needs a re-finish and it's perfect.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
Being an Ibanezaholic for many years I hate to say this year is pretty disappointing.
There is nothing here that remotely gives me any GAS.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Being an Ibanezaholic for many years I hate to say this year is pretty disappointing.
There is nothing here that remotely gives me any GAS.

I agree regarding thier 7-string lineup, though that bound RG7 is pretty hot. Nothing to make me start saving.

That Seafoam Green JEM is fucking awesome though. I can't say I've ever really wanted a JEM more. I'm also really digging those 25th Sabers. I've never been a huge Saber fan, but those matching dots make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Here's to hoping the Premium line delivers. :cheers:

ArkaneDemon

Reaction score
There's some nice axes in that catalog. I could sure go for one of those ones that look like they came straight out of the 80's. Who wants to start a glam rock band with me? :rofl:

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
So no more 1527? In the EU atleast? Strange, so theres no Prestige RG7 with passives this year... Ah well. My next buy for sure will be the RGD7421, much prefer it with the dot inlays.

murakami

Banned
Reaction score
a lot of those guitars look amazing(especially that messugah sig and 1527 with the binding),
but what the fuck is up with the lack of colors? are these companies really thinking that adding another black guitar to the market is going to make it more desirable?

why is it always the lower end guitars getting the nice colors and not the higher end? do they want us to go through custom shop if thats the case???

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
a lot of those guitars look amazing(especially that messugah sig and 1527 with the binding),
but what the fuck is up with the lack of colors? are these companies really thinking that adding another black guitar to the market is going to make it more desirable?

why is it always the lower end guitars getting the nice colors and not the higher end? do they want us to go through custom shop if thats the case???

Honestly, Ibanez for the last few years has seemed to think that metallers only want to play black guitars... don't know if they've seen Michael Keene recently but:

SexyMichaelKeene.jpg

Glad they're doing a few new colours on some stuff though. Maybe they've cottoned on at last.

Zonk Knuckle

Contributor
Reaction score
So no more 1527? In the EU atleast? Strange, so theres no Prestige RG7 with passives this year... Ah well. My next buy for sure will be the RGD7421, much prefer it with the dot inlays.

I haven't been keeping up with everything, but I assumed that whatever's been revealed are new things. That doesn't mean they're not continuing to make previous models. Am I right?

dajnednyt

Reaction score
Damn, the RG2228's have been scaled down an inch... forcing us to buy the Meshuggah sig, ehh? If it had a neck pickup I'd order one without a second thought. The 'cleans' you'd get from that bridge M8 are the only thing putting me off :/

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I don't know why brands don't always do matched color inlays, IMO it looks way better.

Because that would limit that neck to only being attached to a matching body (unless your last name is Vai). I would think that it's more economical for Ibanez to crank out necks with neutral color inlays that can attach to any of their bodies.

But I do think matching dot inlays look great, especially with the neon colors.

Don Vito

Reaction score
^ Haha I saw him playing that one at Mayhem last year

should be a sig model

')