Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
a lot of those guitars look amazing(especially that messugah sig and 1527 with the binding),
but what the fuck is up with the lack of colors? are these companies really thinking that adding another black guitar to the market is going to make it more desirable?

why is it always the lower end guitars getting the nice colors and not the higher end? do they want us to go through custom shop if thats the case???

Honestly, Ibanez for the last few years has seemed to think that metallers only want to play black guitars... don't know if they've seen Michael Keene recently but:

Glad they're doing a few new colours on some stuff though. Maybe they've cottoned on at last.

LOL WUT

Last year:
RG3770ZCAB.gif

RG3570ZLB.gif

RG3570ZCA.gif

RG3550MZGW.gif

RG1570CA.gif

RG1550MPBL.gif

RG1550MWHP.gif

RG1550MPPN.gif

RG1527MGW.gif

RG1421FMBB.gif

That's just the MIJ RGs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Several out of how many all black models? I wouldn't exactly count that anyways, especially seeing as a generic white or red isn't much better.

There are currently only two Japanese made RGs available only in black, the RG2228 and RG1570L. All others are available in different finish options other than black. Before you ask, add one more that's only available in a "dull" color (gray) other than black. The Premium series only has a single Black RG, but has the option of five different transparent, bright finishes. Of the eight RG Trem models, only two are available in only black the RG7320 and RG370L. Finally, of the five available RG Fixed models, only the lefty RG7321L is only available in black.

So, only 11 out of 43 available RGs are black. Unless you're left handed or play 8-strings exclusively there is a non-black Ibanez available.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And thats why you don't go up against Max, the Ibanez Wizard about.. Ibanez.

You don't have to be a Wizard (no pun :lol:) to just go to the Ibanez website.

I understand the argument. Back in 03' and 04' the ratio was much more in favor of black guitars, but over the last five or six years Ibanez has improved that greatly.

murakami

Banned
Reaction score

I understand the argument. Back in 03' and 04' the ratio was much more in favor of black guitars, but over the last five or six years Ibanez has improved that greatly.

haha, i am sorry. i should have been more specific in my post;
i should have said that a lot of 7 string guitars that come out for production are
black. :agreed:

sell2792

Reaction score
There are currently only two Japanese made RGs available only in black, the RG2228 and RG1570L. All others are available in different finish options other than black. Before you ask, add one more that's only available in a "dull" color (gray) other than black. The Premium series only has a single Black RG, but has the option of five different transparent, bright finishes. Of the eight RG Trem models, only two are available in only black the RG7320 and RG370L. Finally, of the five available RG Fixed models, only the lefty RG7321L is only available in black.

So, only 11 out of 43 available RGs are black. Unless you're left handed or play 8-strings exclusively there is a non-black Ibanez available.

:bowdown:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score

Fair enough, yes. The colour choices on a lot of the lower-end guitars really aren't that great though. Well, apart from a few, but the MII line seems to be almost entirely black. It's just boring.

At the other end of the spectrum from those MIJs:

RGA42_BK_1P_03.png

RGA7_BK_1P_02.png

ICT700_BK_1P_03.png

RG350EXZ_BK_1P_01.png

RG370DXZ_BK_1P_01.png

RGR321EX_BK_1P_03.png

RGD320Z_BK_1P_01.png

RGD7320_BKF_1P_01.png

S570_BK_1P_01.png

ARZ700_BK_27_01.png

XPT700_BK_1P_04.png

And a lot of those don't have any other colour options apart from black. What happened to the cool flip finishes on the XPTs?

Seriously, I don't know what the prices are for different paint colours and so on, but are some cool colours really that much more expensive than black that they couldn't use them on some Indonesian stuff?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of course some models will only be available in black, it's by a significant margin the best selling color. As shown, there are plenty of non-Black options within most price ranges. You can't expect a company to have every single model in every range to be available in several colors, let alone neons.

sell2792

Reaction score
I was referring mainly to the MII, but it does seem like their are a lot of black or just bland MIJ's too.

Speaking of, whatever did happen to the chameleon finishes??

Murmel

Reaction score
shitsøn;2802840 said:
More news:

FR320WH.jpg

Nothing too exciting.
NOTHING TO EXCITING?

Dude, that FR :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Too bad I don't get along with non-prestige necks at all..

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Too bad I don't get along with non-prestige necks at all..

You ever tried an original Wizard from the late 80s/early 90s?

Fucking slick... I played a '92 RG570 with that neck, played faster than I have ever been able to in my life. It was like a freaking cocktail stick. :lol:

It was a horrible shade of purple, with loads of wear and chunks out of the finish everywhere, but nevertheless, had I been furnished with enough money I'd have bought it there and then.

raybeast

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody has noticed, but the new seafoam green jem is a premium, so made in indo...? Also, holy crap at the new dark sunburst S prestige, might have to get me one of those and a pink rg. But no SV line? Sad panda

')